Sign in to follow this  
jd559

General Aviation Traffic

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to get more GA traffic visible in the sim ( 172s / warriors etc ). I know the manual suggests adding them as PVT in aircraft.cfg but I still see very little of the smaller planes. Based on FR24 / RT I can see smaller planes at my airport, they just aren't represented in the sim. Short of trying to track down every regcode for these smaller GA aircraft is there a way to have them display based on the matching rules? Maybe modify other parameters in aircraft.cfg to have the matching rules pick them up?

Thanks in advance

John

Edited by jd559

I should further add that I am not seeing any errors regarding GA liveries not found, my matching level is set to 5.

Get some AI models for those GA aircraft and they'll show up.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Dave thank you for the reply. I actually have a bunch of just flight AI models installed and they get picked up by liveries.xml. 

I will continue to poke around.

12 hours ago, jd559 said:

I should further add that I am not seeing any errors regarding GA liveries not found, my matching level is set to 5.

I saw you mentioning liveries.xml, assuming you are are running PSXT and not PSXTraffic, you better set it at 8.

Edited by kiek

On 9/30/2023 at 1:31 AM, kiek said:

I saw you mentioning liveries.xml, assuming you are are running PSXT and not PSXTraffic, you better set it at 8.

Nico this suggestion worked like a charm thank you for the help!

• Like 1