Sign in to follow this  
jwhak

Do Temps Affect Aircraft In MSFS

I know the temperatures in MSFS affect the engines.   Does anyone know if temperatures affect lift in MSFS?

Thanks & Happy Landings

8 hours ago, jwhak said:

I know the temperatures in MSFS affect the engines.   Does anyone know if temperatures affect lift in MSFS?

Thanks & Happy Landings

If you want a good test case of the effect, Manually set SL and 15C. Takeoff at a specific weight. Try it again at 50C. Honestly, you might not see a major difference. On the jets I flew, it was more apparent in braking data. Like your VMBE would be impacted and reduce your reject factor and possible max takeoff weight. You will see it impact brake cooling times. You might notice you have to flare a little earlier or else pound it in on a very hot day. Engine wise, they usually have a high thrust break. The CF6s on the DC10s I flew were flat rated at SL to 30C. This means you will get rated thrust up to 30C and then it would start to fall off. On the BR710, shoot, the thrust is so cut back on the Gulfstreams that it maintains rated thrust up to higher temps. The biggest impact you see with engines and lift is pressure attitude. You will see longer takeoff runs, higher grounds speeds and less performance. I took off out places in South America and it was interesting. Engine starting spool up was slow. I remember during take off, push up the throttles, a lot of noise and rumble, but when brakes released, you barely felt any force back into the seat. Nothing like seeing the end of the runway coming up and rotating in the red sections on those hot, heavy and high days. 

• Like 4

Rgr dgr on the last ghostrider.     Appreciate the info.

Happy Landings

It affects engine temps too as far as I know. Like, the TBM will start hotter if the outside temp is high.