Sign in to follow this  
kenny584

SD Editor Action Settings

Hello again.

In my quest for more information regarding the SD+. I have discovered the SD Editor app from the main website. I have installed it and have it working. The version is 1.07 b11. The documentation refers to double clicking an action to open the Action Editor panel. When I click on a 'button/action' nothing happens. Am I misreading the information? What do I have to do to open the Action Editor. I have no intention of 'tampering'. I just wish to read the information as per the document.

Regards...Kenny.

No problems here. Maybe try doubleclicking with the right mouse button instead of left. This changed along the way and I'm not sure about the 1.07. My devel version is more advanced already.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

No joy with the right click, I'm afraid. No matter. I'll go ahead and make some new folders in 'My Longitude' and transfer the appropriate button/actions to suit my setup. Thanks for the info.

Cheers...kenny.

Hello again.

I would really like to be able to transfer actions from a profile into my own profiles using your Stream Deck Profile Editor, but I cannot get it to do what the documentation says it should. I have version 1.08 b02 of the Profile Editor. I am opening a profile into the top right pane of the editor and then opening my own profile into the bottom right pane. I'm thinking that I should be able to click an action in the top profile and drag it down into my profile below. However, when I left click the action, it gets selected with a cyan/green coloured frame around it, as in the documentation, but when I then try to duplicate the action by holding the right mouse button nothing happens.

This is an intermittent thing with me as I have seen the little +sign with a rectangle behind it when I make use of the 'C 172 G1000' profile as the one to duplicate from. It has stopped working again for me today though.

I must be doing something wrong, although I don't know what, as it seems straightforward. I have uninstalled and re-installed it and I also run it as Administrator.

I am using Windows 10 with an AMD processor. I would appreciate your advice once more.

Regards...Kenny.

1 hour ago, kenny584 said:

I would appreciate your advice once more.

Sorry, no idea. Works every time for me. Something wrong with the mouse button, the mouse driver, the mouse settings? Not a clue.

This is no custom logic, it is all default Windows WPF framework logic. I couldn't change anything about it even if I wanted to (=only with a significant amount of work - which makes no sense when I can't reproduce the issue)

when I then try to duplicate the action by holding the right mouse button nothing happens.

What does that mean exactly? You are dragging the selected actions to the other profile and they don't show up? Or is it something else?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hello again.

I am currently using a wireless mouse. I will go back to using my usb mouse and see if that makes a difference. My wireless mouse works fine with all of the other apps and programmes on my pc.

"Holding the right button down while dragging an Action to a new location will duplicate it." This is the instruction from the documentation, and although the action does highlight, it will not drag down to the other profile and they do not show up as per the documentation graphic.

Regards...Kenny.

Sorry to hear that, but as I cannot reproduce it, it can't be "fixed" on my end. Looks like the app just doesn't want to work for you. I have a couple of those, chiefly MSFS itself. The sim hates me, it won't run for more than 20 minutes, then it CTD's. It has been that way on three consecutive brand new PC builds...

Latest version of the editor is 1.08 b02 btw.

LORBY-SI