Sign in to follow this  
DemonDNF

Setting a boolean to true in gauge XML

Just now, DemonDNF said:

So that means the SDK is wrong when they say the 3 markers are settable...

Possibly. 

But that doesn't mean that it is impossible to turn on the lights. In this case it is, but in other aircraft it could be that the emissive code is controlled by different/separate variables. That is why I check out the behavior code in the MSFS developer mode.

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

2 minutes ago, DemonDNF said:

Yeah, I'm still learning what's what.  😉

Reverse Polish Notation (flightsimulator.com)

And the chapter about Scripting in the AAO manual. There are also lists of all RPN operators that AAO supports (they have been expanded in AAO)

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

7 minutes ago, DemonDNF said:

That's what I had done, even saved my script to retry later once I learned what was wrong.

If something doesn't seem to work, check your syntax against something that does. For example this:
(A:LIGHT·LANDING, Bool) ! (>A:LIGHT·LANDING, Bool)

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

I'm building a console for the Cessna 152; every button, knob, slider, even throttle, mixture and flaps.  At first I was going to include all gauges and numerical displays, but that quickly became very expensive.

So now I'm modifying gauges to suit my liking (essentially reducing download of variables via USB to a bare minimum, and concentrating on uploading commands).  At the very worse, I'll have my own 3 marker lights on my console along with a test switch; that way I can override my markers at will.

Now, the last problem is figuring out what variable or logic controls that ammeter warning lamp (not an AAO problem, hence why I didn't post here):
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ammeter-warning-light/612265

I've seen on some forums that some have given up and just turn it ON when the needle reaches goes below the 50% mark.

Robert

38 minutes ago, DemonDNF said:

That's what I had done, even saved my script to retry later once I learned what was wrong.

So that means the SDK is wrong when they say the 3 markers are settable...
😞

Found it. There is a K: event for the test mode:

0·(>K:MARKER_BEACON_TEST_MUTE)
Will turn all three lights off

1·(>K:MARKER_BEACON_TEST_MUTE)
Will turn all three lights on

And this is the toggle script, where each actuation turns them on then off then on...
(A:MARKER·BEACON·TEST·MUTE,·Bool)·!·(>K:MARKER_BEACON_TEST_MUTE)

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

WOOHOOO!

I totally ignored that event cause it seemed targetting sound (mute).  It didn't seem to imply it would light them (to me anyways).

Thank you very much!

Robert

EDIT: Now I understand that it meant "a muted test of the markers".

Edited by DemonDNF