Sign in to follow this  
Freeflyer99

Textgauges and Steamgauges not working

TextGauges and SteamGauges of AAH suddenly do not work anymore (Events still work). Clicking on the gauges in the Stream Deck, the variables show white lines. When clicking on these lines, the variables are showing their content.  Save changes (Submit Alt+S) does not do anything. It's a riddle to me.

.spacer.png

spacer.png

From the looks of it, your StreamDeck no longer has a connection to AAO. The gauge actions only show images when the StreamDeck is actually connected to AAO - and AAO to the sim - and you are sitting in the cockpit. 

Check the port settings. Updating the StreamDeck plugin will reset the ports to the AAO default, and if you changed that, you have to do it again (but I would suggest using the new default port 43380)

4 hours ago, Freeflyer99 said:

Clicking on the gauges in the Stream Deck, the variables show white lines

That is correct. By request of another user, the variables have been put into groups (note the "+/-" control on the left hand side of the line). This is only a visual thing in the Elgato GUI to make it look nicer, nothing more.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I've downloaded StreamDeck plugin 29_01 on your website"for updating this plugin. When installing I get the following message:

spacer.png

It says also that this plugin requires AAO v3.20 or later but when I bought AAO it was version 2.60 b20 and I cannot find v3.20 on your website. Your website"(only) says: "requires AAO 3.51 or later! (last updated 03.10.2023)

2 hours ago, Freeflyer99 said:

I've downloaded StreamDeck plugin 29_01 on your website"for updating this plugin. When installing I get the following message:

spacer.png

It says also that this plugin requires AAO v3.20 or later but when I bought AAO it was version 2.60 b20 and I cannot find v3.20 on your website. Your website"(only) says: "requires AAO 3.51 or later! (last updated 03.10.2023)

1. Make sure to pull the file out of the ZIP, then doubleclick it. Stream Deck will also inform you if you have that specific version alreday installed. Current plugin version on the website is 30.03

2. You can only update AAO by downloading and installing the retail version again from your account in the shop where you bought it.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1. I've downloaded Stream Deck plugin_30_03.zip, pulled it out of the ZIP, double clicked it; next I get the same message from Stream Deck, already reported, that "This custom action is already installed". So updating Stream Deck plugin is useless.

2. Updating AAO: I've bought AAO from SimMarket: where it is present as file: Axis and Ohs v3 FSX P3D MSFS 3.60 build 32"". I've downloaded this file and installed it. The file is called: "LorbyAxisAndOhs_Install_MSFS.exe" but it has no file version. Result: on top of installed AAO it says: version 2.60b20" (already reported). This is the only file available on SimMarket for AAO MSFS: see printscreen, file for MSFS is at the bottum:

spacer.png.

3. I've checked the port settings: 

Tools/Port settings for Web/WebFIBs: port 8080 and WebAPI port 43380

Tools/Port settings for AAO Addon/Stream Deck Plugin --> IP local host port 43380

4. I've checked that Stream Deck is connected with AAO: Event keys, Toggle keys, On/Off keys and SliderGauges for different aircraft are all working EXCEPT SteamGauge and TextGauge keys.

1. Sounds strange. Never heard of this, sorry. Only thing to do is probably to delete the plugin manually from the StreamDeck plugins folder. And then install again. (you did update the StreamDeck software to the latest 6.x, right?). But - I have no idea what that message tries to tell you. The plugin and the installation seem to work for everybody else though.
Plugins live here: C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins

2. This doesn't sound like the app is being installed at all. Not sure what to tell you, this also works for everybody else. And the version of all installers on SimMarket is definitely the 3.60, no doubt about that. This is a bog standard NSIS installer, nothing custom, nothing special. Maybe check your AntiVirus? 

3. OK

4. Again - no idea, sorry. I can only guess that either the plugin or the AAO version that you apparently can't update is so outdated, that the gauges cannot work. You could check the Elgato debug console, but when the versions are not updated on both ends, that is probably pointless.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Lorby_SI, when you load AAO for MSFS yourself, what version number is visible in the top left corner of AAO? Does it match with my install version: "2.60b20 - MSFS 2021 LWR inc.")?

3 minutes ago, Freeflyer99 said:

Lorby_SI, when you load AAO for MSFS yourself, what version number is visible in the top left corner of AAO? Does it match with my install version: "2.60b20 - MSFS 2021 LWR inc.")?

The app window header must read "Axis and Oh's (3.60 b32 - MSFS) @ 2021 LWR Inc"

Otherwise you have an outdated version. 2.60 was released almost exactly one year ago, and there have been many updates since then.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Problem is that SimMarket where I've bought AAO has only version 2.60 on their website. That turned out to be when I download and install the file "LorbyAxisAndOhs_Install_MSFS.exe" on their present website.

2 hours ago, Freeflyer99 said:

Problem is that SimMarket where I've bought AAO has only version 2.60 on their website. That turned out to be when I download and install the file "LorbyAxisAndOhs_Install_MSFS.exe" on their present website.

That is incorrect. SimMarket definitely has the 3.60. I've just downloaded it myself as a normal customer, and I get the 3.60 b32. (apart from the fact that I am the one who is uploading them too, so I am 100% certain that there is the correct version in the shop)

Something is getting mixed up on your computer. Delete all old installers, check antivirus and/or if the download is actually happening, check the date of the installer file (must be recent)

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I've managed at last to install the 3.60 b32 (don't ask me how; I think it's because I had accidentally  two accounts at SimMarket that probably causes the mixed up).

Next, I've configured the WebAPI port to 43380 and the WebFIP port to 43280 (according to guidelines in changelog AAO version 3.20).

For testing purposes  I've made a simple textgauge (EGT in celsius) as a Default Profile in the Stream Deck and it worked correctly in several aircraft. 

However, new problem: I tried to restore my database from the backup I've made earlier:

I've followed the next procedure:

Tools/Restore database from backup / file AxisandOhs_DB_Backup_xxxxxxxx.zip / Open.

After message: "This will overwrite your current database! Are you sure that you want to do this?" Yes.

Next message: Backup <C\Users\(my name)\Documents\LorbyAxisandOhs Files\AxisAndOhs_DB-Backup_xxxxx.zip> has been restored, shutting down now / OK

Then I close AAO and Stream Deck (via Task Manager / End Task).

After restarting AAO, Stream Deck and MSFS: clcking on my already excisting  profiles on front page of Stream Deck: no single button on the Stream Deck becomes active. 

Ive checked the content of the backup zip file and the .xml files are there:

xkp07Nn.png

1 hour ago, Freeflyer99 said:

no single button on the Stream Deck becomes active. 

Did you check the ports again? Backup overwrites the main config file too.

In any case, you have missed so many updates, I can't guarantee that the old database will work at all.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Lorby_SI, I don't understand your remark that the old database will not work. How can it be that updates should have effect on former (backups of your) databases? I've read all release notes (from 2.51 to 3.51) and there is no information in it that after installing newer releases, it effects your database or restoring your former database would be troublesome. If so, it is too important not to mention.

What can I do? Is there some kind of workaroud to get the xml files of the backup folder to communicate again with AAO, without the - not working - procedure Tools/Restore database from backup?

35 minutes ago, Freeflyer99 said:

Lorby_SI, I don't understand your remark that the old database will not work. How can it be that updates should have effect on former (backups of your) databases? I've read all release notes (from 2.51 to 3.51) and there is no information in it that after installing newer releases, it effects your database or restoring your former database would be troublesome. If so, it is too important not to mention.

What can I do? Is there some kind of workaroud to get the xml files of the backup folder to communicate again with AAO, without the - not working - procedure Tools/Restore database from backup?

Why are you using Backup/Restore at all at this point, this shouldn't be necessary? You just install a new AAO version "over" the old one. The Backup feature is intended as a safeguard against losing data through compromised database files. It's purpose is not resurrecting outdated configurations.

"How can it be" - because sometimes updates have to make changes to a database, and when you "jump" over that process there will be trouble. This is just a general rule in computing, not an explanation of what is happening.
In this special case though, restoring a previous backup will also restore the "old" port configuration. So if you changed the ports, you have to do it again after the Restore. Simple as that. 

So what is the current status? Still just the StreamDeck not working? You did check the ports again, and they match, right?

When in doubt, send an email with your proof of purchase to the support address which you will find on the last page of the manual.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I've used the Backup/Restore for the following - in my opinion legit -reason: when I discovered that the TextGauge en StreamGauge keys did not work anymore (the other keys did work) I thought I could get them back working by first deleting my old installed AAO version (2.60 b32) and second installing the actual version (3.60 b20). Before doing this I've made of course a backup of my database (profiles), in the confidence that after installing 3.60 b20 and restoring the database from this backup, my profiles are active again. I would say this is a logic procedure.

But now you are saying that using Backup/Restore is not needed and that you just install a new AAO version "över "the old one. Further you say that the backup feature is only intended as a safeguard. However, there are also examples of software that you have to delete completely before re-installing with a newer version. Moreover, in the AAO Documentation nothing is said how to deal with a backup of your database or with an update of AAO.

So if I had just installed 3.60 b20 over 2.60 b32 I still would have had my profiles active? 

I've tried to get my profiles back via the Backup/Restore procedure starting from installing 2.60 b32 again (after de-installing 3.60 b20 again) because my backup was made on the base of 2.60 b32. But restoring that backup in 2.60 did not help either, the same as on the base of 3.60 b20.

"So what is the current status": after installing 3.60 b30, AAO works; for testing I've installed a profile of C172 from you on Flightsim.to and the keys on the Stream Deck, included the TextGauge and StreamGauge keys, are working. Also the ports are correctly matched.

The only annoying - but important - issue is that I cannot retrieve my custom made profiles.