Sign in to follow this  
Freeflyer99

Textgauges and Steamgauges not working

1 hour ago, Freeflyer99 said:

Moreover, in the AAO Documentation nothing is said how to deal with a backup of your database or with an update of AAO.

IMHO no instructions are required. You just install the app as described in the separate PDF on SimMarket. It doesn't matter if it is the first install or the n-th update, it is always the same procedure. Otherwise (hard uninstall/delete) you lose all your settings and profiles.

Also IMHO, expecting an app to handle a backup file correctly that is effectively over one year old, and has bypassed a dozen updates, is asking a bit much. Still, it is not impossible that this will work.

The only annoying - but important - issue is that I cannot retrieve my custom made profiles. 

Why not? What exactly is the problem with that? I didn't really "get" that part. 

From what I understand, you created a backup with version 2.6 of AAO, then deleted (!) your old profiles entirely? Is that correct? And now the Restore is unable to read your files, or an error happens, or - ??

Again IMHO, a forum is not the right place for a lengthy support thread. Please send an email with your proof of purchase to the support address so we can sort this out properly.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

a profile of C172 from you on Flightsim.to

Lorby-SI and myself have never published anything on flightsim.to... those profiles are all made by talented AAO users - make sure to buy them a coffee while you are there.

LORBY-SI