Sign in to follow this  
WS-915

AS3000_TSC_Horizontal_1_SoftKey_x Variable?

I am looking to find out if anyone knows of a variable to track the status of the 3 PFD/MFD AS3000_TSC_Horizontal_1_SoftKey_x in the TBM930? I don't have any problem selecting the one I want with AAO and Stream Deck, but I would like to light up the one that is selected and remove the green arrow from the one that is NOT selected. I have pulled my hair out trying to find the variable for the A: Read

Appreciate any info anyone can share about this. Thank You

Case: Corsair 4000D Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI CPU: Intel i9-13900K GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080TI
Memory: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 SSD: Dual 1TB Samsung M.2 980 Pro PS: Corsair RM1000x

Those values are not available in SimVars, they exist only inside of the instrument, in the HTML/Javascript-Realm of MSFS.

Because of that I made a bridge module for this purpose. It writes the status and the labels of the softkeys into LVars.

MSFS WT G1000 Bridge (softkey labels) - AxisAndOhs Support - The AVSIM Community

There is also a Bridge for the G3000 with even more functionality

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thank You so much, I have the G3000 bridge in, and it solved all the issues with the buttons going green on the GTC screens.

This was the best money I have spent on your application. I was using MobiFlight, but have since reconfigured my other 2 aircraft into AAO. It's just so much easier to work with. The support here is excellent as well. I am using the 15 button Stream Deck, so thank goodness I had your app to migrate those buttons from the XL to my 15. When I did not see the PFD, MFD, NAV/COM show up on my first SD plugin, I was a bit disappointed, then thought maybe they were in the XL end of it, and low and behold they were. Can't say enough good things about AAO. Sure has brought my Sim Immersion up 100%. I have a pair of the FlightSimBuilder G1000 panels for the PFD and MFD, and it's been a blessing to map all the functions like Range +- into them with AAO as well as Baro,and so many more options to the physical G1000 panels even for the Longitude.I literally do not have to use my mouse now for any flight.

Case: Corsair 4000D Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI CPU: Intel i9-13900K GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080TI
Memory: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 SSD: Dual 1TB Samsung M.2 980 Pro PS: Corsair RM1000x

I am surely missing something with the Read ON value.

The following work great, Pointer turns green when selected and the ones not selected turn off

AS3000_TSC_Horizontal_1_SoftKey_1     G3000_GTC_PAGE ON Value 0
AS3000_TSC_Horizontal_1_SoftKey_2     G3000_GTC_PAGE ON Value 1
AS3000_TSC_Horizontal_1_SoftKey_3     G3000_GTC_PAGE ON Value 2

The following change correctly to PFD, MFD and NAV/COM, Pointers DO NOT turn green when selected and ALL are OFF.

AS3000_TSC_Horizontal_2_SoftKey_1     G3000_GTC_PAGE ON Value 0
AS3000_TSC_Horizontal_2_SoftKey_2     G3000_GTC_PAGE ON Value 1
AS3000_TSC_Horizontal_2_SoftKey_3     G3000_GTC_PAGE ON Value 2

Based on your document I think the ON Value for the second TSC are incorrect. I have tried numbers up to 26, but not color change.

What am I missing here?

5 hours ago, WS-915 said:

What am I missing here?

OK, I think that I've misunderstood the use case. 

The way that the Bridge works at the moment, you can only stream the items of one GTC to LVars at a time, they don't exist "in parallel". Did you change the "(L:GTC_INDEX, Number)" variable accordingly to target the second GTC?

I could change that behavior, so you could stream multiple GTCs to LVars at the same time (same as the web pages) - but those can be a lot of LVars, so I stuck to the initial implementation of the G1000 Bridge (=one at a time)

Edited by Lorby_SI
Misunderstood use case

LORBY-SI

Here is a link with a couple photos that explains what I was attempting.

Stream Deck GTC example

As mentioned in the photo of my Lenovo Touch Screen laptop, I wanted to use the Speed Deck to navigate Between PFD, MFD and NAV/COM. My laptop does not have those buttons available as they are physical buttons of course.

I tried to target the second GTC, but that did not seem to work, or maybe I was doing it incorrectly. I guess I get picky:) as everything functions as normal with the exception of the green arrows showing up on GTC2, and I can live with that as I can see the changes on my laptop screen go green, just not in the Stream Deck.

8 minutes ago, WS-915 said:

just not in the Stream Deck.

The problem is, that the bridge will only return the variable(s) for one GTC at a time. So you cannot have the status of both devices on the same SD profile (it would work in two separate profiles though, when you set the index LVar accordingly). I have to change the bridge for this to work. Watch out for the next update.

But be mindful that the is a massive overkill in complexity and performance - just to get the state of those three buttons. The Bridge was made so that you can see and operate all buttons on the GTC, and accordingly the bridge generates a large number of LVars for that - all of which you don't actually need. This is like running a chicken farm just to get one single egg every day - and throwing the rest away.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

LOL, nice scenario. I understand what you are saying. I really appreciate your time and effort.