Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

Com 1/Com 2

Hi guys,

I use the in Sim ATC (I know lol) but cannot get anything transmitting over Com 2.

I use 2 Real Sim Gear hardware units, a 750 and a 650...but tuning the 650 into Com 2 does not do anything at all.

What I find is as per this scenario..

I tune ground into Com 1 with Tower in the back up ready to switch over. This in the 750

I tune ATIS into Com 2 to listen. With the MSFS 2020 ATC window open I press the audio button on the 750 to listen to Com 2 (ATIS) it changes over but….Silence…It also does not visually switch over in the ATC window either 
 but will if I use the in game mouse pointer…but again silence….using the in game mouse also changes the 750 unit… 

I am getting the impression MSFS 2020 does not use Com 2…This would then take away a lot of the immersion within the 650 unit..

Has anybody got COM 2 to transmit?

Oh, I know one aircraft about to release soon which absolutely uses com2 😉

FSReborn M500 so the ask definitely allows for com1 and com2 use 👍

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

In-sim Com2 works about 90% of the time for me - I use it for ATIS,  There are a few times that it doesn't:

• Not every airport has a working ATIS
  • Sometimes you have to be fairly close for it to come alive, mattering on the airport
  • Not all aircraft have Com2 modeled.  For instance, I use a modded version of the C208B - it's a decent aircraft but Com2 is dead in it.  It can't even be tuned.

Randall Rocke