Sign in to follow this  
kiek

3.9.0 released, please read!

I've released version 3.9.0 with bug fixes, changes and some new stuff ...

Finally I had some time this week to make flights myself, and I found a few minor problems.

Please read the release notes carefully.

In about a week I'll release major version 4.0, and then I'll take a break...

Enjoy the traffic!

Nico

Edited by kiek
  • Like 6

Hi Nico, First of all, congratulations on the program, it's the best app for MSFS, it really makes it come alive and completely real.

I installed version 3.9.2. At the larger airports (KLAX, KJFK) I ran into a bug I had not experienced so far. After starting the program, it loads the static aircrafts and the live aircrafts according to the parameters, but randomly places a lot of aircrafts on the taxiways and runways. I also tested it at a smaller airport (KSAN), and the problem did not appear there. 

A persistent problem is that in many cases, after pushback the aircraft, it is in the opposite direction than in reality.

7 hours ago, vonSzuli said:

First of all, congratulations on the program, it's the best app for MSFS, it really makes it come alive and completely real.

Thank you! Please tell your friends, we need more users to keep the costs of RT the same or hopefully lower.

, but randomly places a lot of aircrafts on the taxiways and runways.

I assume you mean live aircraft, not parked static?  If it would be static aircraft, then you have a probelm with the airport file. What is the publisher?\

If it are live aircraft, then it is no bug, but just wrong data coming from RT. I cannot do anything about that. In another thread some people have complained at RT about tyhis, and it looks like there were some (temporary?) problems with the data sources that RT has contracted. Weird AI beviour at KJFK - PSXseeconTraffic for FSX | P3D | MSFS - The AVSIM Community

I also tested it at a smaller airport (KSAN), and the problem did not appear there. 

That supports my view it is not a bug but airport (RT) dependent.

I also don't think it has to do with the size of the airport. At EGLL and EHAM I do not see this.

Edited by kiek

20 hours ago, kiek said:

I assume you mean live aircraft, not parked static?  If it would be static aircraft, then you have a probelm with the airport file. What is the publisher?\

They were static aircrafts. The pubisher is same for all of them (iniBuilds). It worked flawlessly until the last update.

My other question:
Some of my airports are purchased airports, but the PSXT defines them as stock airports. Why? It's been since PSXT's new folder structure.

49 minutes ago, vonSzuli said:

My other question:
Some of my airports are purchased airports, but the PSXT defines them as stock airports. Why? It's been since PSXT's new folder structure.

Purchased airports from the Store are encryped and cannot be read by PSXTraffic.... Hence they are not recognised and then it falls back at the stock version.
Never buy in the Store. Always buy externally.

You can fix that problem as follows, suppose it is airport XYZA from Publisher Pub:

Overwrite airports\stock\XYZA.xml by airports\archive\thirdparty\Pub\XYZA.xml

Unfortunately you have to do that after each update of PSXTraffic, but maybe you can make a batch file for that.

Yes, I solved it with overwrites after every update. I thought there was an easier solution. 🙂 Thanks anyway.

Hi Nico,

been away for a while but today I purchased a new RT licence and updated PSXTraffic to latest version 3.9.3

As usual after an update I copied my EKCH.xml backup with the correct parking positions and placed it in the stock aiport folder with overwriting.

All missplaced parked ac´s disappeared and the PSXTraffic interface showed in yellow colour " 2 airports in the TBLO folder" 

Why does all parked aircrafts disappear when I reload PSXTraffic after having overwritten the EKCH.xml?

Do I something wrong?

Åke

Edited by Akki

5 hours ago, Akki said:

been away for a while but today I purchased a new RT licence and updated PSXTraffic to latest version 3.9.3

As usual after an update I copied my EKCH.xml backup with the correct parking positions and placed it in the stock aiport folder with overwriting.

All missplaced parked ac´s disappeared and the PSXTraffic interface showed in yellow colour " 2 airports in the TBLO folder" 

Why does all parked aircrafts disappear when I reload PSXTraffic after having overwritten the EKCH.xml?

Did you read all the Release notes from the period you was not active?

In 3.9.3 only parking positions of the last 24 hour are taking into account. Can that be the cause?

The TBLO airports have nothing to do with the static parking. Just sent them to me for learning. The latest versions of PSXTraffic detect more parking positions in BGL files, so maybe you have two airports for which that is the case. Look for suffixes  "a" , "b" , "c"  atc after gate id's.

Edited by kiek

16 hours ago, kiek said:

1. Did you read all the Release notes from the period you was not active?

2. In 3.9.3 only parking positions of the last 24 hour are taking into account. Can that be the cause?

3.The TBLO airports have nothing to do with the static parking. Just sent them to me for learning. The latest versions of PSXTraffic detect more parking positions in BGL files, so maybe you have two airports for which that is the case. Look for suffixes  "a" , "b" , "c"  atc after gate id's.

1. Well, right now I have

2. Why did the fresh installation of 3.9.3 without overwriting EKCH.xml as discussed earlier due to parking positions create a numbered of parked ac´s but with restart after having overwritten the xml accordingly all parked ac´s disappeared? Only live (moving) aircraft are available

3. Sent you my two TBLO airports by mail

Åke

The two TBLO are in an updated 3.9.4

Don't know aboit your parking problem, it is too complicated. Please come with a clear scenario plus Log.files and relevant airport files.

Do note that only parking options of the last 24 hours are taken into account, and park soft, and ILO play a role too, next to your percentage of course.

Edited by kiek

OK Nico, just sent you two emails with further details trying to explain further. Logfiles are included.

Åke

1 hour ago, Akki said:

OK Nico, just sent you two emails with further details trying to explain further. Logfiles are included.

Yes I got them. Thx for that. I know what your problem is. Read my answer, pls.

19 hours ago, kiek said:

Yes I got them. Thx for that. I know what your problem is. Read my answer, pls.

Thanks Nico! I have and replied!

Åke