Sign in to follow this  
disco79stu

Flightsimprojects A320 TM stick on Virpil base?

Hi,

so I‘m currently using the Thrustmaster Warthog base with a A320 stick from flightsimprojects.

Now I‘m thinking about switching to a Virpil WarBRD base and since the website states it is compatible with Thristmaster grips, I wonder if my A320 stick will then fit on there too. 

Flightism projects sell separate A320 sticks for both bases, so it would seem the one doesn’t fit the other, but since Virpil says TM sticks will fit, I am confused. 

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Stu

PS: I of course also asked the guys at flightsimprojects, but they (suspiciously 🙂 ) never responded. 

Edited by disco79stu

WarBRD and Warthog are completely interchangeable both mechanically and electrically so any Warthog-compatible stick will work on WareBRD. To me it looks strange that flightsimprojects offers not one, but two "Virpil- compatible" sticks: one for WarBRD and another one for MongooseT-50CM2. The funny thing is that they show the same picture/ video for both Virpil bases (most probably because they never had a MoongoosT😀). So in my opinion your A320 stick will fit fine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SergeyPe said:

WarBRD and Warthog are completely interchangeable both mechanically and electrically so any Warthog-compatible stick will work on WareBRD. To me it looks strange that flightsimprojects offers not one, but two "Virpil- compatible" sticks: one for WarBRD and another one for MongooseT-50CM2. The funny thing is that they show the same picture/ video for both Virpil bases (most probably because they never had a MoongoosT😀). So in my opinion your A320 stick will fit fine.

Thanks, that's what I assumed too. I think I'll take my chances and just give it a try. 

I went from TM to the Virpil WrD base and is a little bit tricky but doable. The only thing is the buttons are not working. By the way I spoke to FSP and they sold me separately the Virpil frame for the blue cover, which is totally different from the TM.