Sign in to follow this  
Jadeja

UK2000 Freeware vs Payware

Maybe it sounds awkward to ask what's basically the difference between the freeware UK2000 sceneries available in the avsim library and the payware UK2000 extreme sceneries? And I also heard about some payware part of UK2000 scenery of part 1 - 8 has gone freeware, but I have no idea of how to get those as the links seem to be dead! I would request anyone to kindly clear my doubt...

Thank you!

• Upvote 4

Long time ago there were freeware versions similar to Drzewiecki Design - not anymore, at least i cannot see those, but now i see that they have really good prices - just 10 Pounds for a decent airports - just took Glasgow and Bristol 🙂

Artur 

Was writing at the same time as Beardyman . . .

The UK 2000 scenery series (8 parts) covered almost every airfield and airport in England and Wales, at the time these seemed the bees-knees but today they are a bit dated. The original parts 1 to 8 were withdrawn many years ago and made available on the UK2000 site as free downloads, but I think  these disappeared altogether when the web site was redesigned.

There were also some specific main airports produced, but I think they were all superseded.

The "Extreme" series covers specific main airports to a much more detailed standard. There are free demos available for evaluation - I think these are what you are seeing in the AVSIM library. They are not time-limited demos but don't include all features and might include "obstructions" on the runways. The full versions of these are probably the only sceneries now marketed by UK2000 that are compatible with FS2004.

Hope that helps,

John

• Upvote 1

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

On 10/28/2023 at 12:25 PM, John Hinson said:

They are not time-limited demos but don't include all features and might include "obstructions" on the runways.

Okay Thanks for the explanation!

Just one query, What do you specifically mean by obstructions? Are these obstructions on the taxi way or runway because if the runway is blocked then I won't be able to land or take off! I just want to know will I be able to play well with these UK2000 freewares? And what specifically restrictions are imposed on these demos as compared to paywares?

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Jadeja said:

Okay Thanks for the explanation!

Just one query, What do you specifically mean by obstructions? Are these obstructions on the taxi way or runway because if the runway is blocked then I won't be able to land or take off! I just want to know will I be able to play well with these UK2000 freewares? And what specifically restrictions are imposed on these demos as compared to paywares?

The obstructions are big cubes at the end of the runways with DEMO written across them in big letters ... I don't remember if you can fly through them or if you crash if you hit them, but they certainly spoil the view.

There are no usage restrictions, that I remember, but the level of detail does depend on which airport you're looking at ... some are complete apart from the DEMO blocks, others have whole buildings and other features missing.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, chris_eve said:

The obstructions are big cubes at the end of the runways with DEMO written across them in big letters ... I don't remember if you can fly through them or if you crash if you hit them, but they certainly spoil the view.

There are no usage restrictions, that I remember, but the level of detail does depend on which airport you're looking at ... some are complete apart from the DEMO blocks, others have whole buildings and other features missing.

I think I understood everything! Thank you for your explanation! 😊

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, chris_eve said:

The obstructions are big cubes at the end of the runways with DEMO written across them in big letters ... I don't remember if you can fly through them or if you crash if you hit them, but they certainly spoil the view

I can confirm these are a visual effect only, and don't prevent activity.

John

• Upvote 1

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Thank you John! I am surely going to test some of them in my FS9 in the coming weekend... Most probably I am going to test the Bristol and Newcastle demos available in the AVSIM library...

• Upvote 4