Sign in to follow this  
AeroMaster12

IniBuilds KDTW.xml Handmade Baseline File

Hey folks,

Several threads in the past discussed issues with KDTW, and how there will naturally be a lack of static aircraft data due to a lack of ADSB coverage. As a result, when starting or ending a flight at this Delta hub, the newer versions of PSXT will not have much parked data, as most parking spaces are soft-learned, and a good number of the soft-learned spots are inaccurate gate assignments (e.g., non-SkyTeam airlines parked at McNamara).

With thanks to @somiller's previous accumulated learned data, I've created a handmade airport file for KDTW that you can put in your "learned" folder. This will override any weekly snapshot data saved for this airport, but it will at least give you a full airport, which you are free to enable soft or real learning, and update parking assignments as needed. If you want to merge this data with the weekly snapshots, remove the "handmade" parameter

This will raise the QF of KDTW from 7 to around 50+.

Save the contents of the following file to ~\airports\learned\thirdparty\INIBUILDS\KDTW.xml
KDTW.xml - Pastebin.com

Edited by AeroMaster12
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AeroMaster12 said:

If you want to merge this data with the weekly snapshots, remove the "handmade" parameter

Be careful with removing handmade (not recommended) You may loose gates you have added if they do not have a manual attribute (which is by definition not used in a handmade file).

Thanks to AeroMaster12 KDTW is now back to it's full glory and no longer "dead"!

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

7 hours ago, kiek said:

Be careful with removing handmade (not recommended) You may loose gates you have added if they do not have a manual attribute (which is by definition not used in a handmade file).

Oh, great callout on this. Just to confirm before I make the edits, I could just add the manual attribute for each parkpos element, and it would be compatible for whether handmade is turned on and off? I know it's optional for if handmade=true, but didn't think about the caveats about having that disabled; I'd like to make it compatible for both scenarios, whether people would rather take the override vs "flattened" approach.

"Flattened" being defined as a merge between existing parking data + learned data

If it is compatible, I'll update my PasteBin with the manual attributes added to all ~190 gates, super easy for me to do

13 hours ago, AeroMaster12 said:

and it would be compatible for whether handmade is turned on and off? 

Yes it is compatible, in handmade mode the manual attribute is not read.

But simply removing handmade and combining that file with the archived one can cause lots of problems, for instance:

• If you have used new id's for gates that also exist (are at the same lat/ion positiuon) in the archive files.
  • If you have changed the attributes (lat/lon, radius and so on) while using the same id.

Hence don't do that! Keep it simple (, S!)

Currently PSXTraffic supports these five well defined scenarios:

1. An archived file only (Learn Real and Learn Soft are false)
  2. An archived file plus additions (by RealTraffic with Learn Real and/or Learn Soft is true) in the Learned file
  3. As 2, but plus manually added options to existing parking positions in the Learned file
  4. As 3, but plus manually added new gates (missing in the archived file) in the Learned file, with the attribute manual
  5. No archived file, but a manually made Learned file only, with the parameter handmade  

This is quite complex already. Don't make it prone to errors, by combining an archived file with an handmade file, by removing the parameter.

Edited by kiek
  • Upvote 1

Cool, that being said to anyone reading this and wishes to use the file linked in the original post: the file is provided as is. Use and any necessary parking adjustments at your own risk [err... pleasure]. 

Thanks, @kiek and @somiller!