I'm curious about from where LNM gets its Airport Names.

For example, LNM gives the name "Arlada - Airport" for ESSA, but MSFS lists it (correctly) as "Arlanda, Stockholm" in the world map, and Navigraph charts refers to it as "Stockholm Arlanda" or "Arlanda (Stockholm)". I even tried searching for "Arlada" in the LNM files and MSFS BGLs to try to find out where this incorrect name comes from, but it seems that if the BGLs contain any airport names they don't appear in plain text.

I guess it's not a major problem but it would be nice to have the correct name in LNM, and also if any other airports have similar issues.

Ian Box

As far as I am aware LNM just extracts what is in the .bgl

Arlanda has 2 bgls - 1 in the generic folder and 1 in an arlanda folder - not sure how the LNM priority works.

I am more concerned by the 2,000 + 'dummy' MSFS idents that were obviously created with an autofill.

Mount Isa has 11 seperate codes / Nhulunbuy Airport has 34 !

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

48 minutes ago, TonyD said:

As far as I am aware LNM just extracts what is in the .bgl

Arlanda has 2 bgls - 1 in the generic folder and 1 in an arlanda folder - not sure how the LNM priority works.

Priority is that an add-on read later than the stock airport overrides information of the stock airport. What is overridden can be defined by the add-on author. You can see the BGL overriding each other in the LNM airport information at the bottom of the airport overview. Stock is usually on top with all additional BGLs adding or replacing information below.

This is LNM mimicking the behavior or MSFS, BTW.

image.png

The whole system is overly complex and driving me nuts from time to time. Especially since there is no official documentation from Asobo.🤷‍♂️

Regarding airport names: This is up to the simulator and/or add-on author. There are always issues where official names are not used or missing.

"Arlada" is from the MS add-on airport and overrides the correct name of the stock airport with the wrong one from MS.
The wrong name appears in ".../Official/OneStore/microsoft-airport-essa-arlanda/scenery/microsoft/Arlanda-Airport/objects.bgl"
You can normally find the name by using tools like WinGrep or others. The names are not encoded. Only ICAO codes are encoded.

58 minutes ago, TonyD said:

Mount Isa has 11 seperate codes / Nhulunbuy Airport has 34 !

This looks like another Asobo bug. 🤦‍♂️ They are stored in the stock files and clutter up Australia. I'd report this to Asobo. Guess there are already threads in their forum discussing this.

image.png

Alex