Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

Trouble Exporting .pln Flight Plan

P2ATC (latest version) will not export a flight plan created in P2ATC in .pln format to P3dv5.4.  It will only export plan as a .vbf file.  I even created a new test folder in P2ATC itself named "New Folder" and could not export a P2ATC created flight plan to New Folder.  Went through all P2ATC and P3D folders and confirmed sharing and security.

Any help would be appreciated.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

.vbf files are only created when you use the Save button.

To export, use the Export button, check the box next to P3D and be sure the location you want to export to is entered correctly.  Then check or uncheck the options at the bottom of the Export screen and press Export.

Dave

I think I'm doing this, but will try again.

Well, I have entirely messed things up.  When I open Pilot2ATC the first thing that happens is a huge App Crash error appears in Windows 10.  It says in the first paragraph of several hundred words that the computer is:

"unable to initialize database System Data. Entity failed to open C/P2ATC dynamic data.mdf failed.  A database with the same name exists." 

Then Pilot 2ATC opens and I try to import a flight plan and I get the message "Unable to import flight plan.  Please ensure it is in proper form."  I also try to create a flight plan and P2ATC will not recognize any entries when I try to type in as the starting airport.

I have uninstalled Pilot2ATC, restarted the computer and installed it again, with the same results.

I think I have probably messed up the computer registry and the only thing I can think of is for my tech person to wipe everything off the C drive and rebuild my new computer, or forget ever using P2ATC again, which would ruin my day for sure.

I unfortunately do not have a backup of my computer before Pilot2ATC was installed.

So, I guess I'm at the end of my rope.

This type of error happens when the data is not installed properly.

You can fix it by:

• Install the full version of the program with Navigraph or NavDataPro data (currently version 2.6.4.2)
  • Install the latest Beta version over the fresh full version you just installed
  • Update your data if you have a data subscription with one of the 2 data providers

That should get you going.

If you get another error about the data, you can email a screenshot of the error to admin@p2atc.com and I can help you sort it out.

Dave

OK--thanks.  You are the best!!!

Almost there.  Everything worked fine, However, when I created a new flight plan and exported it to prepare 3dv5.4 it ended up in the correct P3Dflight plan folder, but as a .vbf plan.  After creating the flight plan in P2ATC I did not save it--I exported it.  The file exported was a .vbf plan. So, I'm right back to where I started.

It seems that when I export a file it goes to this folder: "This PC/Local Disk C/Users/my name/flight simdocs/P3d files".  The only thing showing up in that file to which it was exported is the new plan as a .vbf.  However, when I go to import a flight plan to P2ATC, it comes from the same path, but all the flight plans are there.  It sounds like there are two folders with the same name.

The export cannot create a .vbf file.  However, that file might be remaining for your previous attempts.

Delete that file.  You might also want to check the Overwrite option at the bottom of the Export panel.

You have total control over where P2A exports and imports files.  Find out what folder your P3D installation reads folders from and set the Export folder to that.  This can be set in P3D when you load it if you want to use a different folder.

Dave

Will do.  Thanks!

Now P2ATC does not say "flight exported to p3d, etc. " when I export a flight plan, and the flight plan does not show up anywhere.  Thanks so much for all your help.  It is really  appreciated.

Hello Dave.  Went through all of your suggestions again and now P2ATC works perfectly.  Thanks much for your help!

Best. Jay