Sign in to follow this  
Harrier77

Collison avoidance live aircraft x static parked aicraft

Hi Nico,

I believe I may have found a bug, or otherwise something that I did not expect. Manual at 11.3.

I have seen some live aircraft parking at a gate remove a live parked aircraft from an adjacent gate (normally when the gates are close together). Whilst I understand that removing static parked aircraft is what is expected, I do not expect a live parked aircraft to be removed by an incoming live aircraft arriving at an adjacent gate.

When you are back from your break, would you have a look at this?

Peter

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

Hi Peter,

No that is not a bug but "by design".

An  arriving aircraft may find a "live parked" aircraft at its gate. Then it will remove it. 

[Note that if a live aircraft parkjes it will stay there for 2 or 3 hours unless it starts a return flight. However, if the returm flight is not in the RT data, it can block a new arriving aircraft]

The same holds for live aircraft parked at adjacent gates that overlap (are excluded according to the info in the airport file).

Nico

11 hours ago, kiek said:

Hi Peter,

No that is not a bug but "by design".

An  arriving aircraft may find a "live parked" aircraft at its gate. Then it will remove it. 

[Note that if a live aircraft parkjes it will stay there for 2 or 3 hours unless it starts a return flight. However, if the returm flight is not in the RT data, it can block a new arriving aircraft]

The same holds for live aircraft parked at adjacent gates that overlap (are excluded according to the info in the airport file).

Nico

At the moment the exclude check is done without checking if the actual aircraft are in conflict. It could be that one or both is smaller then  the radius of the gate.

I will add that check. That may lead to less conflicts.

• Like 1