Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

CJ4 mod

On 11/14/2023 at 2:00 PM, fsiscool said:

You neither. Your video does not count. You would better describe the condition you feel is an issue with clear reproduceable one-liner. State windspeed, direction relative to the aircraft and the allegedly wrong outcome or behaviour. With that we can discuss.

How would you like me to better describe the conditions? In the description of the video? "Nobody" reads description below videos and people would complain to better describe/show the conditions. So, should I do it IN the video? Ok ... good idea. Oh ... I did that already ... 🤪. Maybe I should make them even wildly flashing?
If you aren't able to understand such easy things, please don't post such comments. By doing so, you are undermining your own credibility and expertise.

ksnip-20231115-142146.jpg

On 11/14/2023 at 2:00 PM, fsiscool said:

E.g. do you think it is an issue, when at two times of the max windspeed of the Beaufort scale (which stands for Hurricane, so again, two times the windspeed of a Hurricane) the CJ4 lifts its nose? Who do you think you are fooling with such nonsense?

20 hours ago, MattNischan said:

The pilots felt that the aircraft was represented extremely faithfully within the limitations of the sim.

I don't know that any of the type rated pilots tested crosswind runway performance well beyond Vr or a headwind that was miles beyond Vr (neither would be scenarios they would find themselves in IRL). If they do, I can certainly share the feedback.

However, which is Vr of the CJ4? Of course Vr varies, depending on different factors. In the manual there is no hint (not even an approximate value), also not for other speeds, apart from the max. demonstrated crosswind, VMO and VMN.

Of course 😉 planes (and pilots, too) experience headwind (miles) beyond Vr. Every day. Not while standing on ground, true, but while accelerating and taking off. What's the difference between both scenarios? The wind/air hitting the plane is the same with the same speed. Standing on ground is like in a wind tunnel (also not a very uncommon situation). Of course the wheels aren't turning as they would during acceleration of the plane but aerodynamically (lift of the wings) it is the same. Otherwise, wind tunnels were useless.
Apart from that, from 120 kts on the brakes seem to be inoperative, as the plane starts to roll backwards. And even at 150 kts of wind the plane doesn't take off. That's silly (on the first sight) - but explainable. Who knows why? 😉

• Like 1

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.