Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

Spoiler axis not reading as 0

Hello,

I have a little issue with the spoiler axis in the inibuilds v2 Neo in SU14. I've assigned the spoiler to an axis on my HC Bravo, the axis works no problem, however when set in AAO, I have found that it doesn't quite set the axis to zero when in the fully up (retracted position) position, the value for the spoiler actually reads as 3e-3, so not quite 0 and so the aircraft interprets this as the spoiler still be extended, as its not a hard 0.

I've tried setting the axis within MSFS and it works OK there, when i fully retract the spoiler handle there is no message on the ECAM and the output reads 0.

Just wondering if anyone knows any tricks to get the handle to actually read zero when in the up position. I had a little play with centre and the margins but no joy so far.

Thanks

Dan

WAT1036.png

What are you using to control it?

Behavior code suggests that "SPOILERS_SET" is the event to use (goes from 0 to 16384 - set Rounding to "int"). 
That one seems to work for me, no issue or fighting with the special code in the plane

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I'm using AXIS_SPOILERS_SET that goes from -16384 to 16834.

Can't see just a SPOILERS_SET unless the above is what you are referring too

But currently at max extension, in dev mode it shows 0.99997 and fully retracted its 3.0518e-5. If i use the mouse or configure in MSFS it goes to 1 or 0 respectively

WAT1036.png

10 minutes ago, daan_vb said:

I'm using AXIS_SPOILERS_SET that goes from -16384 to 16834.

Can't see just a SPOILERS_SET unless the above is what you are referring too

But currently at max extension, in dev mode it shows 0.99997 and fully retracted its 3.0518e-5. If i use the mouse or configure in MSFS it goes to 1 or 0 respectively

Filter the event tree for "spoiler" and you will find it. it is just "SPOILER_SET"

How to filter: when the event selection dialog opens, immediately start typing "spoiler" and then press Enter. 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI