Sign in to follow this  
Ron Lefebvre

Zoom setting Height Single monitor outside view

Hi,

I know this has been discussed before,but I still want to go over this.

I have a 32 inch monitor, so 27 inches across. sitting around 24 inches from the monitor using Track IR

I have been playing with the Zooms and so far I think I like 65 or 70 zoom and I think I will add a little as if I am sitting a little higher.

My question apart from what you think of these settings is what does that do to the view outside the windshield.

Cause I am not just zooming the inside of the plane, but outside follows.

Will this still look realistic as far as field and depth of view or will things 30 yards out look like its 10 feet away

Ron

Ron

MSFS -A2A Comanche250 -Cessna 310 -Cessna 414 - Black Square Duke
Black Square TBM 850 - 146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-800

Alright.....

Can you guys at least tell me if you change the Cockpit Zoom setting at all or if you just leave everything at 50

Ron

Ron

14 minutes ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Alright.....

Can you guys at least tell me if you change the Cockpit Zoom setting at all or if you just leave everything at 50

Ron

Zoom level at 50 is totally unrealistic as far as I can tell and creates a strange fish eye effect. Makes your wings look several miles long. One of the things that annoys me about this sim is that there is a zoom setting at all. There should be a FOV figure with a calculator. I normally have the zoom around the 70 mark.

Funnily enough, as I saw this question I was in the process of changing the default seat position of the FSR500 in the camera.cfg so that it's a little further back so that I can maintain that 70 zoom level. As it is at the moment it's a little too far forward meaning I have had to set the zoom to 65.

Edited by Jazz

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

In the cockpit, I generally have zoom between 70 and 80, usually over 75; 50 is completely unrealistic, and does not come across like being in a small cockpit. I rarely use outside camera views so I am not sure what is best there. 

Dan Scott

1 hour ago, Cognita said:

In the cockpit, I generally have zoom between 70 and 80, usually over 75; 50 is completely unrealistic, and does not come across like being in a small cockpit. I rarely use outside camera views so I am not sure what is best there. 

I also don't use outside view much, but I was wondering about the visuals looking out the windshield,. Do they still look realistic.

Ron

Ron

How do you know you've zoomed 70 or 50 etc? I see no numbers, just the screen moving with the mouse centre wheel....

3 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

How do you know you've zoomed 70 or 50 etc? I see no numbers, just the screen moving with the mouse centre wheel....

In the option menu go to the camera settings and you will see it there.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

3 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Under settings/Camera/cockpit /Zoom settings and Height Settings

You can set it as a default

Ron

• Like 1

Ron

34 minutes ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

I also don't use outside view much, but I was wondering about the visuals looking out the windshield,. Do they still look realistic

I am not sure, but with zoom at 50 I find buildings seem to be elongated or stretched when viewed through the cockpit window.

Dan Scott