Sign in to follow this  
Fihnakis

Turn off xplane 12 ATIS?

Is there some way to turn off X-Plane ATIS so you don't get both P2A and XP competing to give you ATIS info? 

I tried both a disable ATIS plugin and creating LUA file with the contents: set( "sim/atc/atis_enabled", 0) but both files don't shut ATIS in XP up. I've also unchecked boxes in XP ATC menu. This is XP 12 latest 12.08b3. 

As far as I know, you would need to turn XP ATC off and set the volume for XP ATC to zero to turn it off in X-Plane.

There is an option in P2A called "P2A Provides ATIS".  Turning that off, you can let XP give the weather and it won't affect the rest of  P2A's interactions.

Dave

Yeah I was worried that was my only option. Turning volume to 0 also disables other sounds unfortunately. Unless there is some specific ATC only volume I'm missing. 

There should be a setting for Voice volume, which doesn't affect engine, cockpit, environment sounds, etc.   There are some add-ons, like for ground control, that it might knock out.

If you have XP weather set to real weather and P2A weather set to NOAA weather, then getting your ATIS from XP might be a good option.

I have used this LUA script method to disable XP ATIS and I don't believe there is any other method.

I have a script for LUA "My X-Plane Settings.lua" and drop the following two lines into it and place in FLYWITHLUA scripts folder.

ATIS will be disabled at every startup.

--turn off x plane atis always
set( "sim/atc/atis_enabled", 0)

Was rereading the first post and I don't know what you are doing as I used my script, brought up my AC and P2A which has ATIS enabled.

Using DRT I changed the ATIS dataref to =1 and now I hear two ATIS reports.

Setting it back to =0 and XP ATIS is disabled.

If you are saying it doesn't work then your script is not working.  Use a tool like datareftool to set the value manualy will prove this works or not.

This solution works for XP11 and XP12.

Will give this another shot this evening but I tried setting it in DRT and XP12 atc continued. What I found odd was atc would provide atis with master and avionics off once P2A connected. Didn't matter if ignore battery / avionics or P2A provides atis were checked in settings or not. 

Changing value does not change ATIS from transmitting. Once I tell P2A to connect to sim ATIS comes alive no matter what. 

On 11/24/2023 at 7:59 PM, Fihnakis said:

Changing value does not change ATIS from transmitting. Once I tell P2A to connect to sim ATIS comes alive no matter what. 

Well then the obvious answer is that either P2A is transmitting the ATIS information or some other unidentified source such as X-ATC-Chatter