Sign in to follow this  
wyodeacon

MSFS Addons Linker Question

I'm slowly working my way through this tool and have run into questions:  Can someone explain how presets work and the right way to install them?  Also, the same for Dependencies.  I have read on the web until I'm almost blind, and I have gone through and downloaded "Managing addons in MSFS Addons Linker", but I guess I'm not smart enough to figure this part out.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Here's how I use presets using Addons Linker. I have multiple airports across the USA I store in my alternate community folder. I have presets for Eastern US, Central US, Mountain US, and Western US airports. If I'm planning to fly to airports in the Central US only, I select the Central US preset I created so only airports belonging to the Central US region are loaded into my MSFS Community folder.

The way I create a preset is:

1) Clear out all options selected in AddOns Linker. I believe there is a button (disable all addons) or menu item at the top that does that.

2) Select the airports or items you want to be included in your preset.

3) Under the Preset Menu, select "Create New Preset". Give your Preset a Name and click OK.

4) To test your new preset, clear all the options selected (using the disable all addons button). At the lower left, click the drop down box next to Preset and you should see your newly named preset - click on it to select it. To the right of the drop down are several buttons. One has a box with a green checkmark, with a mouseover that says "Apply the Selected Preset (cumulative)". Click that button and all the airports or scenery you added to that preset will be selected and added to your MSFS Community folder.

Hope this helps. If you're still having trouble, send me a private message and I'll go into more details.

Good luck.

• Like 4

gr8t !

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.