Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Scenery bug after World Update XV

Hi,

after installing the World Update XV Nordics, I observere several texture artifacts, especially at and around airports in Norway, such as ORBX ENGM Oslo Gardemoen as pictured below. I did an uninstall and reinstall but still same bug. There havent been any updates to this scenery either.

Also, there is a sharp edge just north of the airport where there is snow. Should it be like this?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Fi5kuS

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

The first picture you show is the "classic" mixed texture ground when using DX12 (very few also get it in DX11) in MSFS. Since years we try to get the attendance of the devs on this annoying issue to no avail. All we got is the utterly useless "bug logged" tag, no updates, nothing about what is done to fix it. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/mixed-textures-in-ground-at-default-airport-dx12-beta/534963/413

The sharp snow edge is another of those bugs where we tried for months if not years to get the attendance of the devs, this one should now at least be improved in SU14, the totally bugged coverage sadly isnt. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/snow-cover-or-no-snow-cover/338369/545

Just wondering, why you think it is related to WU XV, both bugs were present before. You really never noticed them?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

The first picture you show is the "classic" mixed texture ground when using DX12 (very few also get it in DX11) in MSFS. Since years we try to get the attendance of the devs on this annoying issue to no avail. All we got is the utterly useless "bug logged" tag, no updates, nothing about what is done to fix it. 

This.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/mixed-textures-in-ground-at-default-airport-dx12-beta/534963/413

The sharp snow edge is another of those bugs where we tried for months if not years to get the attendance of the devs, this one should now at least be improved in SU14, the totally bugged coverage sadly isnt. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/snow-cover-or-no-snow-cover/338369/545

Just wondering, why you think it is related to WU XV, both bugs were present before. You really never noticed them?

33 minutes ago, Jazz said:

This.

Ok so by disabling DX12 then it returns to normal, thanks. But then we cant use Frame Generation ..... ?? Sux

Actually never noticed the snow bug, I mostly fly i Norway so I notice the icy fjords, which shouldnt be covered in during the winter. Hopefully fixed in the next update,

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

30 minutes ago, Fi5kuS said:

Ok so by disabling DX12 then it returns to normal, thanks. But then we cant use Frame Generation ..... ?? Sux

Correct. Feel free to express your disappointment and frustration to Asobo. Perhaps you will have more joy with it than the rest of us over the last couple years.

Or maybe you will just find the experience akin to paddling a canoe up a waterfall or peeing into the wind.

• Like 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

1 hour ago, Fi5kuS said:

Hopefully fixed in the next update,

According to the SU14 Beta users, the snow coverage in Norway is now pretty spot on with the fixes of SU14. Sadly, this wont be the case everywhere in the world, because the fixes they added in SU14 do actually not really touch snow coverage, but rather snow depth calculations. Which at least should reduce the frequency of wrongly ice covered waters. Important "first" step, but still a lot lacking...

You can temporaliy "fix" the ground texture bug by either moving your drone upwards until the tile is loaded again or by using the dev mode and quickly click on airport debug twice (turning it on and off again). Sadly both "fixes" are only transient and the issue might reappear after minutes or not. 

Although it is not directly linked to VRAM usage, I still see it less frequently happen if I keep the last 1-2GB of my VRAM free. Sometimes you even see the bug with only half of the VRAM filled, but I bet it gets more frequent if VRAM is maxed out all the time. That is why I dialed back my settings a notch to free some VRAM and I could swear that the issue is now less often occurring. But probably just placebo 😉 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Although it is not directly linked to VRAM usage, I still see it less frequently happen if I keep the last 1-2GB of my VRAM free. Sometimes you even see the bug with only half of the VRAM filled, but I bet it gets more frequent if VRAM is maxed out all the time. That is why I dialed back my settings a notch to free some VRAM and I could swear that the issue is now less often occurring. But probably just placebo

I have 16GB. It never gets anywhere near it and it happens everywhere within seconds. It has nothing at all to do with VRAM.

• Like 1

Just now, Jazz said:

I have 16GB. It never gets anywhere near it and it happens everywhere within seconds. It has nothing at all to do with VRAM.

Common sense, I know. Yet I predominantly see the issue on addon airports where I am at around 15GB VRAM and since I lowered the settings that I am more at around 13-14GB, I see it happens less often. As it is not entirely gone, I totally agree that the CAUSE is for sure not the full VRAM, but it might still amplify whatever the underlying cause is. 

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

On 11/24/2023 at 1:45 PM, Jazz said:

Correct. Feel free to express your disappointment and frustration to Asobo. Perhaps you will have more joy with it than the rest of us over the last couple years.

Or maybe you will just find the experience akin to paddling a canoe up a waterfall or peeing into the wind.

God word not allowed. So its not even addressed in the coming update?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

4 minutes ago, Fi5kuS said:

God word not allowed. So its not even addressed in the coming update?

I'd bet my pipe collection on it. At this point I'd be surprised if it was even fixed in MSFS 2024.