Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

Monument Valley Preview Video

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yeah, looks a bit like Tileproxy - except that it doesn't cover the world ;-)If you start adding some custom objects/autogen however, there is a real advantage over Tileproxy. Plus it loads faster than TP.

I've been to Monument Valley many times, this looks very cool!Do we actually have the mesh resolution yet to make the mitten buttes look like they really do with the the little side spire?

Christian, does tile proxy stream in any elevation data? I'm still interested in being able to build a server based system for scenery, perhaps there may be a way to be able to tweak tile proxy to straight bring in pre-rendered LOD cells?I do have plans to fix some of the buttes, the thumbs on the buttes are still not available in any source data I have found. I may have a solution to that but I can't disclose how at this point in time, and I'm yet to find out more information about that.The best bet for the Mitten Buttes would be for a LIDAR overfly specifically of those two buttes, but that would be unlikely due to it being Navajo lands... Perhaps I could talk to some contacts I know that have relationship with the leaders there.I'm planning on getting larger areas of Utah done soon. I've been so energized by the project that I'm hoping to have San Juan county fully rendered soon...Looking at the video I am thinking that the watermapping will be easy enough to do... Can do up a beta 2 soon... My only issue is being able to create water flattens within the source data but that needs slope information...Thanks for the feedback guys, really helpful...