Sign in to follow this  
seahorse

Reading Navdata in MSFS Community folder.

Hi,

When using Simbrief than the latest free AIRAC cycle available is 2203.
However, the included AIRAC cycle in LNM is 180x (forgot the exact number)
For MSFS I have the free 2203 cycle in the Packages/Community folder and is used correctly in MSFS
as I can see on the MCDU of the FBW a32nx (displays navdata 2203)

But when loading flightplans into LNM from Simbrief I often get errors of procedures or airways not found.
In the settings I have LNM using MSFS, not Navdata.
My question, when LNM is building the scenery database is it taking into account the Navdata in the Community folder which is correctly used by MSFS?

Cheers,
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

46 minutes ago, seahorse said:

My question, when LNM is building the scenery database is it taking into account the Navdata in the Community folder which is correctly used by MSFS?

LNM does not read the Navigraph navdata update from the Community folder since you can update the LNM navdatabase using the Navigraph FMS Data Manager in parallel. This way you have all in sync.

If you do *not* have the Navigraph MSFS navdata update installed: LNM will read all navdata from MSFS stock data. You'll have a few features missing (TACAN, MSA, etc.) but still everything is in sync (except SimBrief, but that I cannot change).

There is a free 2203 update for MSFS available? Strange. I thought the stock data is updated by Asobo and even newer than this.

About the AIRAC 1801 delivered with LNM: Sorry, I cannot change this. Not my decision.🤷‍♂️

Best solution IMO: Get the Navigraph FMS Data update (it's a bit hidden in their user interface https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap_navigraph.html). Then update MSFS, SimBrief and LNM and all is in sync.

Alex