Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

SWS Pilatus PC-12 and PMS50 - SOLVED

I got notification yesterday of an update that was available for the SWS Pilatus PC12. I have now downloaded and installed.

During the download, I have selected PMS GTN compatibility, which is exactly what I did with the original download. Previously it worked fine, and now after the update, it no longer displays the PMS50 GTN.

Anyone else had this issue? or can I advise what to do to rectify it.

Season's greetings to all fellow simmers.

UPDATE - NOW SOLVED I had installed the updated download into my addon linker, and recalled that I think SWS suggested you did not use addon linker. So, reinstalled directly into my community folder and all appears good. Leaving this post in case in helps anyone else - and wishes Season's greetings. Have a good one.

Edited by SquadronLeader

George Westwell

Good to hear the problem was solved. I was on the fence about buying it because of that.

But does SWS explain why they don't want people using add-on linker? I can't think of any reason why that should break something outright. Even HPG suggests a simple approach for it so the installers/app updaters can find things in one folder.

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Tobii Eye Tracker, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

As far as I know there is no reason why add-on linker shouldn't be used. If someone said it he either isn't an SWS developer or gave wrong information.

51 minutes ago, A320_SX ALX said:

As far as I know there is no reason why add-on linker shouldn't be used. If someone said it he either isn't an SWS developer or gave wrong information.

Did not work for me for the initial download. When I then transferred the file to addon linker - it worked thereafter.

• Like 1

George Westwell