Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Can't make changes to aircraft config?

Ever since using FSX and Vista, I can't SAVE changes to my aircraft config.! I can change it in the Notepad format, but when I go to save it, and click SAVE, it says "cannot create the C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Sim Xsim ObjectsAirplanesB737-800aircraft.cfg file"Then it goes to a "Save As" screen with the file name "aircraft" and doesn't allow me to save anything...it says it already exists.Perhaps I should ask this above question in the Hardware forum, but I thought I'd start here hoping someone else had this problem and solved it. I used to be able to just click SAVE in the file menu of my aircraft config and that would be that. Stan

You need to be logged in as Administrator and disable UAC. In short, you must explicitly give yourself permission to make changes on your own system...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill,Thanks....the UAC disable command did it. It's so easy...when you know what you're doing!Appreciate it. Stan