Sign in to follow this  
rfowler_42@hotmail.com

Joystick and Keyboard Utility

Hi Folks,

Sorry if I'm asking a question that's been answred elsewhere, but I've searched and can't find an answer.  Actually, pretty embarassing as I've used VoxAtc for several years and am just tuning my FSX back on a year after moving.

I've not yet found my Yoke in the still unpacked boxes (four bedroom house in to a two bedroom cottage) so I thought, as an interim, I'd use my X52 joystick and throttle which I have found.

Problem is, I can't find the 'Joystick and Keyboard utility' the help texts talks about and the Joystick assignment screen still wants to talk to the Yoke.

Could someone please tell me where, in the FSX Steam VoxAtc install the utility to assign the X52 as the Joystick to be used?

Many thanks for your help,

Kindest Regards,
Ron

ron

i assume you have opened the "joystickselect.exe" of the main install folder or via joystick setup in your pc's start menu.

i believe clear/reset assignment should do the trick .... ie rebuild those you need thereafter.

my disclaimer is i have never changed a "controller", hence .....

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

HI John,

Many thanks for your quick post!

I think I see my problem - that program doesn't exist anywhere on my hard drive.

I ran he install for FSX Steam edition - I'll try rerunning it -- at least I know what to look for, now!

Thanks again,

Kindest Regards,

Ron

DOH!

Just found 'Joystickselect.exe' and ran it.

I've obviously confused myself - when I run this, the utility only sees my old Yoke (somewhere still in a box from moving). The help pdf says this is where you update the selections to go with the joystick you selected in the 'Joystick & Keyboard utility' from the Programs Menu.

Can't find either the Programs Menu nor the Joystick and Keyboard' utility.

Tried uninstalling and installing V6.0 - still can't find it!

Kindest Regards,

Ron

10 hours ago, rfowler_42@hotmail.com said:

Joystick & Keyboard utility' from the Programs Menu.

that is what "joystickselect.exe" opens ... & where you can clear existing assignments (though the glitch may be that the utility can't find a non connected controller to clear ?? )

have you checked your pc's control panel / devices and printers to see what controllers are indeed seen by your pc, hence VATC.

for now, cheers

john martin