Sign in to follow this  
Regge

How to use asobo 747 as a freighter?

I have set the 747 up along with a simbrief flight plan for the freighter variant but when i load my payload my CG is out of the range and makes me add a ballast. spacer.png

Is there a way to fly the 747-800 as a freighter instead of the normal intercontinental variant?

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Regge said:
I have set the 747 up along with a simbrief flight plan for the freighter variant but when i load my payload my CG is out of the range and makes me add a ballast.
Is there a way to fly the 747-800 as a freighter instead of the normal intercontinental variant?

Horizon Simulations is working on the 748F, not sure how far along they are though.

https://fsnews.eu/horizon-simulations-previews-promising-747-8f-modification-for-msfs/

spacer.png

Edited by OuterMarker

24 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Nope.

Then why is there an option for it by default in simbreif? Like surely they would have added it because there was an option without going past the operational limits of the aircraft in the default game.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Regge said:

Then why is there an option for it by default in simbreif? Like surely they would have added it because there was an option without going past the operational limits of the aircraft in the default game.

No idea.

Edited by Fiorentoni

Posted (edited)

I have setup a Simbrief profile to use the WT747 in the F variant and I did lots of ultra long hauls with it. It's essentially an F with the weight limits of the pax version that WT provided in their Discord, so I think you have less cargo you can carry but it seemed to work in SU13 - did not test in SU14 yet. One thing I did notice with the 787 is that I still have to manually adjust my CG after loading the simbrief weights so just keep an eye out for that when you load in the Simbrief numbers.

Link to SB profile >> 747F

**EDIT: just tested it with flight generated in Simbrief for YPPH-YSSY and it seemed to work fine. The CG was also not too bad but I still might a slight adjustment.

Edited by Saffa_Jake812
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Saffa_Jake812 said:

Link to SB profile >> 747F

This worked perfectly! CG is now 12.48 on the same flight which is within aircraft limits. Thank you. Still strange that a variant that doesnt fit the in game aircraft's limits in implemented by default into simbrief.

• Like 1