After a while I took the ATR again for some flights with the latest MCE (3.0.6.4). I noticed some issues:

1. When going through the checklists the items are proceeded on the MFD but the ATR seems not to recognize that the checklist is done afterwards. The completed checklist reappears under "Pending". Not sure if MCE can do anything about that. If not, it might be better to not automatically proceed the items on the MFD but leave that for the user.

2. There seems to be no command for "Oxygen main supply ON" (on the upper right overhead panel). This is an item that should be turned on during the cockpit preparation flow as it is off by default in the cold and dark state of the ATR. Can you add that?

3. "Window heat ON" also turns on the Side Windows Anti Icing. As far as I have seen on some Youtube tutorials (by Magnar) this is normally not always turned on together with the windshield heating. So maybe it would be better to exclude that from the "window heat ON" command and have a separate command for the Side windows Anti Icing.

4. The "Strobe ON" / "Strobe OFF" commands are recognized but do not actually change the setting of the strobe lights switch.

5. The "Hydraulic Ground Aux Pump Push" command that is included in the "start engine two in hotel mode"-flow has no effect (I know this is hit and miss anyway because of a bug in the ATR, but even when pressing the button - the one on the pedestal below the parking brake - with the mouse works fine, the MCE command does nothing.). Since the whole prop brake procedure seems to be bugged in the ATR, maybe leave this for later.

Have a happy new year!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

After a while I took the ATR again for some flights with the latest MCE (3.0.6.4). I noticed some issues:

1. When going through the checklists the items are proceeded on the MFD but the ATR seems not to recognize that the checklist is done afterwards. The completed checklist reappears under "Pending". Not sure if MCE can do anything about that. If not, it might be better to not automatically proceed the items on the MFD but leave that for the user.

2. There seems to be no command for "Oxygen main supply ON" (on the upper right overhead panel). This is an item that should be turned on during the cockpit preparation flow as it is off by default in the cold and dark state of the ATR. Can you add that?

3. "Window heat ON" also turns on the Side Windows Anti Icing. As far as I have seen on some Youtube tutorials (by Magnar) this is normally not always turned on together with the windshield heating. So maybe it would be better to exclude that from the "window heat ON" command and have a separate command for the Side windows Anti Icing.

4. The "Strobe ON" / "Strobe OFF" commands are recognized but do not actually change the setting of the strobe lights switch.

5. The "Hydraulic Ground Aux Pump Push" command that is included in the "start engine two in hotel mode"-flow has no effect (I know this is hit and miss anyway because of a bug in the ATR, but even when pressing the button - the one on the pedestal below the parking brake - with the mouse works fine, the MCE command does nothing.). Since the whole prop brake procedure seems to be bugged in the ATR, maybe leave this for later.

Have a happy new year!

Thanks for the report.

Indeed, Magnar videos were very useful.

Switches will be looked at.

As far as the checklist is concerned, the FO makes no assumption as to which checklist was run before and just moves to next one.

He's supposed to always bring up the main menu for various checklists, scroll down through them to select the correct one.

Obviously, the scrolling is done with the assumption all the existing lines in menu are known, otherwise, he would select the wrong one. Maybe this has changed in airplane update (perhaps new menu item inserted). It's certainly a useful feature that must be addressed.

Hydraulic pump aux push will be a hit an miss because while it responds to Mouse held down long enough works, controlling it via Lvar is tricky so can't guaranteed that.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 5:50 PM, RALF9636 said:

Have a happy new year!

Just when we were about to post a patch, I just learned that a new ASOBO ATR package has been released a few days ago.

Therefore, will be pushed by a few more days

On 1/6/2024 at 10:39 AM, FS++ said:

Thanks for the report.

Indeed, Magnar videos were very useful.

Switches will be looked at.

As far as the checklist is concerned, the FO makes no assumption as to which checklist was run before and just moves to next one.

He's supposed to always bring up the main menu for various checklists, scroll down through them to select the correct one.

Obviously, the scrolling is done with the assumption all the existing lines in menu are known, otherwise, he would select the wrong one. Maybe this has changed in airplane update (perhaps new menu item inserted). It's certainly a useful feature that must be addressed.

Hydraulic pump aux push will be a hit an miss because while it responds to Mouse held down long enough works, controlling it via Lvar is tricky so can't guaranteed that.

This V3.0.6.6 patch should address most items you reported. Thanks for doing that.

For instance, strobe light was previously tied to a custom variable of the plane which now uses MSFS stock variable for this specific item.

There are new commands for the oxygen main supply switch.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 12:18 AM, FS++ said:

This V3.0.6.6 patch should address most items you reported. Thanks for doing that.

For instance, strobe light was previously tied to a custom variable of the plane which now uses MSFS stock variable for this specific item.

There are new commands for the oxygen main supply switch.

I confirm Main Oxygen Supply on and off and Strobes on and off work fine now. Also Windshield Heating doesn't turn on Sidewindows Anti Icing any more and Side Window Heat on and off works.

Hydraulic Ground Aux Pump Push still does nothing but that is probably a sim limitation.

Thanks!

Whenever there are several abnormal checklists pending on the MFD (which always is the case during cockpit preparation before engines are running) so that the "List" is moved to the next page, it seems MCE is not able to call up the normal checklists because the Procedure Menu is not called up properly. Could you please check that.

Apart from making sure you can always properly call up the "Normal Procedures" from the "List", maybe consider to first check if the requested checklist is already preselected under "Pending". Then you only have to trigger "Next".  Only if the requested checklist is not preselected under "Pending" you need to go via the "List".

EDIT: I found that only when the Checklist is selected from "Pending" it is recognized by the ATR as completed. If the checklist is taken from the "List" it remains under "Pending" even though it has been completed. So please try to select the checklist from under "Pending" if it is already preselected there.

Edited by RALF9636

"Set Course" does not work. MCE sets the Nav Source to V/ILS but does not change the CRS.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 8:39 AM, RALF9636 said:

Apart from making sure you can always properly call up the "Normal Procedures" from the "List", maybe consider to first check if the requested checklist is already preselected under "Pending". Then you only have to trigger "Next".  Only if the requested checklist is not preselected under "Pending" you need to go via the "List".

EDIT: I found that only when the Checklist is selected from "Pending" it is recognized by the ATR as completed. If the checklist is taken from the "List" it remains under "Pending" even though it has been completed. So please try to select the checklist from under "Pending" if it is already preselected there.

Thank you for valuable feedback.

There is no way for FO to read checklist on-screen status to find out if it's pending or completed. That's why he always goes through the list.

We found that in some instances, FO was missing an additional validation click (Notably for "before takeoff checklist" (possibly why it still says pending) and "after takeoff checklist".(where there is a secondary menu (all engines running vs engine failure before you get to the actual checklist)

Re-download patch and replace all files and try again.

Are you guys interested in having ATR checklists that include "abnormal procedures" so we can train the FO for those?

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Are you guys interested in having ATR checklists that include "abnormal procedures" so we can train the FO for those?

Personally I never do abnormal procedures. And I doubt that all the abnormal procedures that appear in the checklist list would be properly simulated in the MSFS ATR. So from my point of view that would not be worth the effort. But maybe someone else who is more into abnormal procedures can chime in.

On 2/2/2024 at 12:33 PM, FS++ said:

There is no way for FO to read checklist on-screen status to find out if it's pending or completed. That's why he always goes through the list.

We found that in some instances, FO was missing an additional validation click (Notably for "before takeoff checklist" (possibly why it still says pending) and "after takeoff checklist".(where there is a secondary menu (all engines running vs engine failure before you get to the actual checklist)

Re-download patch and replace all files and try again.

I don't see any change with this version 3.0.6.7.

The problem is that you scroll down the list to the bottom to "abnormal procedures" and then go back one up to "normal procedures". But that does not work when there are so many pending abnormal checklists that there is a "next page". Then you would have to go the "next page" to reach the "normal procedures".

Load up the ATR and try to call up the "final cockpit preparation checklist" with the engines off and you will see what I mean.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

The problem is that you scroll down the list to the bottom to "abnormal procedures" and then go back one up to "normal procedures". But that does not work when there are so many pending abnormal checklists that there is a "next page". Then you would have to go the "next page" to reach the "normal procedures".

Load up the ATR and try to call up the "final cockpit preparation checklist" with the engines off and you will see what I mean.

Agree. That specific checklist (final cockpit preparation) wasn't handled properly. Next patch should get it sorted hopefully this evening.

Edit: Won't be ready until next Monday. Sorry for that.

Edited by FS++

On 2/3/2024 at 2:55 PM, RALF9636 said:

Re-download path. V3.0.6.8 should get the first checklist sections handled better. Same link above

Nav1 track dialing OK.

nav2 Track dialing not working because can't read actual value in reference to which dial is incremented/decremented. Default Asobo variable seems to remain at zero, while Nav1 updates as expected. No ATR custom Lvar either. We'll try to find out more about this. 

19 hours ago, FS++ said:

Re-download path. V3.0.6.8 should get the first checklist sections handled better. Same link above

Nav1 track dialing OK.

nav2 Track dialing not working because can't read actual value in reference to which dial is incremented/decremented. Default Asobo variable seems to remain at zero, while Nav1 updates as expected. No ATR custom Lvar either. We'll try to find out more about this. 

I confirm all checklist are now properly handled and Nav1 track is working fine.

Well done!

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1