Sign in to follow this  

First of all I am a newbie to MCE however I am learning a lot and grasping most of the things I read on the forum here and refining my own procedures based on some real word ones.

My issue with the virtual FO is that on completion of every single checklist it presses the Status button on Captain Sim’s B757. I am aware of a command that one could assign to press either Engine button do display the secondary engine indications as well as the Status page on the lower EICAS however I am not using them in either flows. And obviously the checklists shouldn’t trigger them. Could anyone help with it, why is it happening?

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

On 1/15/2024 at 1:57 AM, Balint Szarka said:

First of all I am a newbie to MCE however I am learning a lot and grasping most of the things I read on the forum here and refining my own procedures based on some real word ones.

My issue with the virtual FO is that on completion of every single checklist it presses the Status button on Captain Sim’s B757. I am aware of a command that one could assign to press either Engine button do display the secondary engine indications as well as the Status page on the lower EICAS however I am not using them in either flows. And obviously the checklists shouldn’t trigger them. Could anyone help with it, why is it happening?

Welcome aboard.Balint

It's automated behavior. Once a checklist is done with, it's best to set the screen to STS. He does that with all supported planes that have an ECL

Make sure you read this

New User Questions - The Multi-Crew Experience (MCE) Support Forum - The AVSIM Community

And this

Command for terrain radar - The Multi-Crew Experience (MCE) Support Forum - The AVSIM Community

They apply to all fully supported planes.

Deleted

Edited by Balint Szarka

Balint Szarka

13 hours ago, FS++ said:

Welcome aboard.Balint

It's automated behavior. Once a checklist is done with, it's best to set the screen to STS. He does that with all supported planes that have an ECL

Make sure you read this

New User Questions - The Multi-Crew Experience (MCE) Support Forum - The AVSIM Community

And this

Command for terrain radar - The Multi-Crew Experience (MCE) Support Forum - The AVSIM Community

They apply to all fully supported planes.

I see, but the 757 doesn’t have Electronic Checklist. It’s a little annoying that upon completing the checklist he pushes the STS button though… Some real life checklist / flow will finish with a certain display selected however this automatic switching overrides it no matter the user’s selection.

Thanks for tips on what to read on the forum. They are very helpful

Balint Szarka

On 1/17/2024 at 2:12 AM, Balint Szarka said:

I see, but the 757 doesn’t have Electronic Checklist. It’s a little annoying that upon completing the checklist he pushes the STS button though… Some real life checklist / flow will finish with a certain display selected however this automatic switching overrides it no matter the user’s selection.

Thanks for tips on what to read on the forum. They are very helpful

I may have misunderstood the issue and yes aware 757 doesn't have ECL.

Does your custom checklist have an item that mentions "eicas status" or something like that.

FO is trained to handle those as well as "recall" to press relevant buttons when he comes across them. It can be removed for 757.

4 hours ago, FS++ said:

I may have misunderstood the issue and yes aware 757 doesn't have ECL.

Does your custom checklist have an item that mentions "eicas status" or something like that.

FO is trained to handle those as well as "recall" to press relevant buttons when he comes across them. It can be removed for 757.

While I do have some checklists that mention recall but none of my checklists have EICAS Status page mentioned. The FO just presses the Status page upon completion of any checklists which is rather annoying especially if the FCOM calls for the lower DU to be blanked like most Boeing aircraft. You think that it could be a bug?

Balint Szarka

On 1/18/2024 at 8:11 PM, Balint Szarka said:

While I do have some checklists that mention recall but none of my checklists have EICAS Status page mentioned. The FO just presses the Status page upon completion of any checklists which is rather annoying especially if the FCOM calls for the lower DU to be blanked like most Boeing aircraft. You think that it could be a bug?

There will be a patch in the coming days.

32 minutes ago, FS++ said:

There will be a patch in the coming days.

Oh great 😌 thank you 😊 That’s very promising! 👌

Balint Szarka

On 1/21/2024 at 1:24 AM, Balint Szarka said:

Oh great 😌 thank you 😊 That’s very promising! 👌

As things stand in V3.0.6.4, the only planes where Fo is expected to receive a command to press EICAS status are..

PMDG 777  (in both P3D & FSX)

PMDG 747 i8  (in both P3D & FSX)

Quality Wings 787  (in both P3D & FSX)

ASOBO 787 (MSFS)

Captain Sim 777  (in both P3D & FSX)

Pheonix 777 (in FS9)

Therefore, it's a mystery as to why it's happening with the CS 757.

It could be a case of "mistaken identity", maybe the plane isn't seen as to what it is.

The CS 757 is fully supported and the FO is expected to handle pretty much any switch or dial. 

Could you please open "aircraft.cfg" and post the following sections..

[fltsimX]

sim=whatever_is_there.

It's not uncommon when CS releases a new variant (that we don't have or tested against) and the "sim=whatever_that_is_not-expected" causes MCE to see it as default plane or maybe some other CS plane.

Only aircraft items that use default MSFS, Prepar3D, FSX variables would then be under FO's control and many overhead panel switches commands may not be available for speech reco as they are only enabled based on which plane is detected. 

On 1/23/2024 at 11:42 AM, FS++ said:

As things stand in V3.0.6.4, the only planes where Fo is expected to receive a command to press EICAS status are..

PMDG 777  (in both P3D & FSX)

PMDG 747 i8  (in both P3D & FSX)

Quality Wings 787  (in both P3D & FSX)

ASOBO 787 (MSFS)

Captain Sim 777  (in both P3D & FSX)

Pheonix 777 (in FS9)

Therefore, it's a mystery as to why it's happening with the CS 757.

It could be a case of "mistaken identity", maybe the plane isn't seen as to what it is.

The CS 757 is fully supported and the FO is expected to handle pretty much any switch or dial. 

Could you please open "aircraft.cfg" and post the following sections..

[fltsimX]

sim=whatever_is_there.

It's not uncommon when CS releases a new variant (that we don't have or tested against) and the "sim=whatever_that_is_not-expected" causes MCE to see it as default plane or maybe some other CS plane.

Only aircraft items that use default MSFS, Prepar3D, FSX variables would then be under FO's control and many overhead panel switches commands may not be available for speech reco as they are only enabled based on which plane is detected. 

Hey again and sorry for the delayed response. I was away from my flight sim PC for a while.

I just checked and here is what I found:

I went on to check the only variant of the 757 I used so far to set up MCE. Which was the CS_B757-200-III_RB535E4B.

That particular plane and livery had 

[fltsim.2] 
title=CS 757-200 United Airlines N41140
sim=cs757-200_RB535E4Bw

written there. Which I guess is the expected answer, isn't it?

I also checked the other engine variants of the 757's and all had a very similar text in that field.

• Like 1

Balint Szarka

On 1/25/2024 at 7:52 PM, Balint Szarka said:

Hey again and sorry for the delayed response. I was away from my flight sim PC for a while.

I just checked and here is what I found:

I went on to check the only variant of the 757 I used so far to set up MCE. Which was the CS_B757-200-III_RB535E4B.

That particular plane and livery had 

[fltsim.2] 
title=CS 757-200 United Airlines N41140
sim=cs757-200_RB535E4Bw

written there. Which I guess is the expected answer, isn't it?

I also checked the other engine variants of the 757's and all had a very similar text in that field.

Thanks.

In the end, that wasn't the issue.

This patch should address your issue

16 hours ago, FS++ said:

Thanks.

In the end, that wasn't the issue.

This patch should address your issue

That's amazing, the issues seemed to be indeed fixed now. Thank you very much Gerald 😊

Balint Szarka