Sign in to follow this  
FSXCYYZEGLL

P3D V5.3 Random Freezes and Slowdown at loading terrain data

19 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Jon. All uninstalls must be via the Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs. Don’t manually delete anything.

Client, Content and Scenery each have their own uninstallers.

As you’re installing to a new location the process is more involved. Probably best to uninstall your Boeing aircraft and reinstall. RC4 should be okay as will GSX.

Re installation complete and moved as you said.

Seems stable, but unfortunately the FPS doesn't seem any better.  In fact it seems the same or even a bit worse. It's not really the FPS itself per se thats the problem. It's just approaching in CYYZ causes FPS dips that can go as low as 18 and then jumps back to 26-30.

Since we're off the topic of crashes now. Do you mind if I make a new post related to these FPS issues. If only so it's organized for future reference if people have similar problems.

Signed Jon.

Edit: Forgot to add the windows anti virus exclusion for the new location 🤦‍♂️. Will add it after this flight and report back.

Edited by FSXCYYZEGLL

A brief reduction in fps is usual when approaching some airports. Don’t take that as an indication something is wrong. It’s down to how the airport was designed.

A better test is to locate at CYYZ and slew up to 200ft. Then rotate the aircraft through 360° so the whole airport is viewed at a reasonable rate. Use the 1 and 3 keys.

Do you have VSync enabled or are you pushing the CPU 100%? It makes a difference. If your monitor can run at 30Hz then VSync on will limit fps to 30 and things will be smoother.

Your system is easily capable of 30fps providing settings are appropriate.

This topic is fine for continuing discussion.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

A brief reduction in fps is usual when approaching some airports. Don’t take that as an indication something is wrong. It’s down to how the airport was designed.

A better test is to locate at CYYZ and slew up to 200ft. Then rotate the aircraft through 360° so the whole airport is viewed at a reasonable rate. Use the 1 and 3 keys.

Do you have VSync enabled or are you pushing the CPU 100%? It makes a difference. If your monitor can run at 30Hz then VSync on will limit fps to 30 and things will be smoother.

Your system is easily capable of 30fps providing settings are appropriate.

This topic is fine for continuing discussion.

I was too early in claiming no freezes anyways :(. Radar Contact did "Fsuipc_wait, cant get D008 to change from X". I'm updating it's scenery import as I didn't last time.

I limit the frames using NVIDIA to 35. I don't believe my monitor can manage 30 FPS Vsync.

That's what is curious to me, I'd expect that when my frames go below 30 that's it's because my computer is throttling or is at full GPU/CPU activity. It often isn't, in fact many times it's at like 40%, and it just won't go up.

I use Ray Smith's FSX CYYZ scenery and then simply add an extra layer onto it to allow me to see the taxiways. I know its not technically the greatest way, but I also didn't want to spend money on a P3D scenery only to have major Frame issues as well. Plus I'm worried whether my computer would be able to handle it.

Jon, your system is more than capable of producing 35 for Toronto and pretty much any other airport with reasonable settings. Instead of using a version designed for FSX why not try the FlyTampa Toronto? Your manipulation of the scenery might not be helping.

https://www.flytampa.org/cyyz.html

Can you post screenshots of your main settings please? Hard to help without them.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 2/9/2024 at 11:56 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Jon, your system is more than capable of producing 35 for Toronto and pretty much any other airport with reasonable settings. Instead of using a version designed for FSX why not try the FlyTampa Toronto? Your manipulation of the scenery might not be helping.

https://www.flytampa.org/cyyz.html

Can you post screenshots of your main settings please? Hard to help without them.

I'll try and get that by early next week and give it a whirl.

Here are my settings. Also I set the traffic to max 100 via AI companion.

Jon

FfxTDmk.png

mnIUlkn.png

HTbONOx.png

WwKZ7XD.png

Edited by FSXCYYZEGLL

Jon,

Increase Anisotropic up to max. Lower Scenery Complexity by one or two notches. That’s killing performance.

Water can go to max as can Special Effects. Autogen Vegetation Density should be lowered unless you want loads of trees everywhere.

Clouds casting shadows will look better.

Auto Exposure is subjective but I’ve found things look better with it off.

Your Scenery Object settings are very high and demanding on CPU resources. The graphics side can be increased as your GPU is powerful especially at 1920*1080.

Road vehicles are okay at 40%. Ditto with boats.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 2/10/2024 at 6:21 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Jon,

Increase Anisotropic up to max. Lower Scenery Complexity by one or two notches. That’s killing performance.

Water can go to max as can Special Effects. Autogen Vegetation Density should be lowered unless you want loads of trees everywhere.

Clouds casting shadows will look better.

Auto Exposure is subjective but I’ve found things look better with it off.

Your Scenery Object settings are very high and demanding on CPU resources. The graphics side can be increased as your GPU is powerful especially at 1920*1080.

Road vehicles are okay at 40%. Ditto with boats.

Got FLYTAMPA Toronto. The FPS on approach to Runway 15L before was 20-25 FPS. Now it's as little as 13FPS and it certainly doesn't hold 30FPS. I don't understand why the scenery complexity has to go down to be completely honest. F737Max is getting 30 FPS on approaches to heathrow, and his computer from what I can tell is a bit less powerful to as powerful as mine.

I also have GSX with Cortanya's gates for Flytampa which may influence performance. I don't know. Though I thought GSX was supposed to be decent on the performance front.

Also I would like to move this to a new topic, would you mind if I do so? So I can mark this issue as resolved (as the stuttering has been).

Jon.

Edited by FSXCYYZEGLL

57 minutes ago, FSXCYYZEGLL said:

Got FLYTAMPA Toronto. The FPS on approach to Runway 15L before was 20-25 FPS. Now it's as little as 13FPS and it certainly doesn't hold 30FPS. I don't understand why the scenery complexity has to go down to be completely honest. F737Max is getting 30 FPS on approaches to heathrow, and his computer from what I can tell is a bit less powerful to as powerful as mine

That setting has a huge impact on performance. I have mine set at Dense in order to maintain 30fps with lots of Ai. It’s all about balancing settings to achieve what’s important to us. Even the most powerful PCs won’t allow all sliders fully right.

59 minutes ago, FSXCYYZEGLL said:

Also I would like to move this to a new topic, would you mind if I do so? So I can mark this issue as resolved (as the stuttering has been).

Of course, no problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 2/16/2024 at 4:55 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

That setting has a huge impact on performance. I have mine set at Dense in order to maintain 30fps with lots of Ai. It’s all about balancing settings to achieve what’s important to us. Even the most powerful PCs won’t allow all sliders fully right.

Of course, no problem.

Thanks Ray.

Been away a bit IRL stuff been getting in the way. Will make the new post soon and send it to you if you don't mind ofc :).

For future people reading this post, the problem of stutters was solved via a DDU and NVClean reinstall of the NVIDIA graphics card.

John

On 2/10/2024 at 4:46 PM, FSXCYYZEGLL said:

Here are my settings. Also I set the traffic to max 100 via AI companion.

Here's my suggestion:

1. Disable Variable Refresh Rate - you're limiting fps to 35 in Nvidia settings so this is not necessary and may cause issues.

2. Mesh Resolution of 1m is overkill and can cause problems - this doesn't have a huge effect on performance, but it could help - I would increase it to 10m or greater

3. Scenery Complexity at Extremely Dense is OK - this has no great effect on performance

4. Autogen and Scenery Draw Distance has a significant performance impact - I would lower this to High or Medium

5. Lower Autogen Vegetation and Building Density to Dense or Normal

6. Lower Cloud Shadow Quality to Medium - not a huge performance gain but every little thing helps and you won't see much difference in shadow quality

6. Road Vehicles percentage above 10% is overkill - yours is zero, so no performance impact anyway

7. The Level of Detail Radius has a significant performance impact - you could lower this to Medium, but with a noticeable reduction in scenery quality further from the aircraft - drop this as a last resort

Try this and see what happens.  I'll bet your frame rate will increase substantially with minimal effect on scenery quality and realism.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS