Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

xtouch+g1000+AAO

Hi,

What I would like to do in the g1000 of the cockspur phenom 100:

Once in the fpl menu of the mfd I would like to scroll up and down the flight plan, change altitudes, waypoints and so on.

So, I opened aao-> scripting-> watch simulator events-> and then opened the flight plan menu and with outer knob I scrolled up and down to see what events popped up in the “receiving events in the simulator” window.

This is what was highlighted in bold:

[AS1000_MFD_1_FMS_Outer]:0 (>IE:AS1000_MFD_1_FMS_Outer)

So, I went to the main aao window and in the assigned buttons side I tried to assign the AS1000_MFD_1_FMS_Outer to a rotary.

Lo and behold whenever I was turning the rotary both clockwise and anticlockwise the cursor and only move downwards…. Basically, I picked the wrong event.

So how is it that the events I get from the receiving events windows are wrong?

Thanks

Edited by MindYerBeak

2 hours ago, MindYerBeak said:

Basically, I picked the wrong event. So how is it that the events I get from the receiving events windows are wrong?

I don't think that it is actually wrong. IEs require the correct value for correct operation. In this case most likely 0 for one direction and 1 for the other.

A warning though - there are IEs that return a different value from what you have to send, for example some return degrees (0-360) but expect percent (0-100) when written to, and vice versa. There is no documentation why that is, so it has to be figured out then and there.

LORBY-SI

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

I don't think that it is actually wrong. IEs require the correct value for correct operation. In this case most likely 0 for one direction and 1 for the other.

How would I do that ? 

"A warning though - there are IEs that return a different value from what you have to send, for example some return degrees (0-360) but expect percent (0-100) when written to, and vice versa. There is no documentation why that is, so it has to be figured out then and there"

Any tips or videos on how to do that ?

thanks

44 minutes ago, MindYerBeak said:

How would I do that ? 

Start with reading the AAO manual? 😞

Anyway, to the right of the event selection boxes on the Add/Change Button dialog is a numerical box where you dial in the value that is to be sent with the event. Both items together are what makes stuff happen in the sim, it is never just the event alone. Some events require 1, some 0, some a specific value (for example for changing the AP altitude, 100 or 1000 must be entered into that box).

44 minutes ago, MindYerBeak said:

Any tips or videos on how to do that ?

All this stuff is trial and error. The aircraft developer would have to provide documentation what the IEs that he implemented require as values and what they do. Very few developers do that, so it is up to the user to observe the IEs in MSFS developer mode or in AAO, and then use Scripts to figure out what values need to be sent. We are all on our own with this - your only hope is that some clever simmer already figured it out and can tell you the solution for a specific IE. Or maybe he even published a while profle on flightsim.to.
And it doesn't end there, especially in MSFS a lot of detective work is required to figure out if it is an IE, or a BVar, HVar, LVar - or whatever.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

9 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Start with reading the AAO manual? 😞

Anyway, to the right of the event selection boxes on the Add/Change Button dialog is a numerical box where you dial in the value that is to be sent with the event. Both items together are what makes stuff happen in the sim, it is never just the event alone. Some events require 1, some 0, some a specific value (for example for changing the AP altitude, 100 or 1000 must be entered into that box).

All this stuff is trial and error. The aircraft developer would have to provide documentation what the IEs that he implemented require as values and what they do. Very few developers do that, so it is up to the user to observe the IEs in MSFS developer mode or in AAO, and then use Scripts to figure out what values need to be sent. We are all on our own with this - your only hope is that some clever simmer already figured it out and can tell you the solution for a specific IE. Or maybe he even published a while profle on flightsim.to.
And it doesn't end there, especially in MSFS a lot of detective work is required to figure out if it is an IE, or a BVar, HVar, LVar - or whatever.

Thanks !!!

And here also the bug notice:

On the dialog where you select the events are two buttons "Test with 0" "Test with 1". They don't work for Input Events. This is a bug in Version 4.00 of AAO.

LORBY-SI