Sign in to follow this  
Buzz71

New PC to Support MSFS Triple 55" 4K TV Build

Hi everyone

I've been thinking for many years of biting the bullet and going for a multi TV sim build.  I basically stopped simming back in 2021 as the constant setup/takedown of peripherals on the family PC was a nightmare. Personal circumstances have given me the time, space and resources to actually build something dedicated. I used to fly on P3D but I've decided it is time to switch and join the MSFS revolution.

Unfortunately though I am nowhere near tech savvy enough to go down the full cockpit design and build project.  For me it will be very much plug and play style.  I have done some research and I have identified pretty much the equipment I want - 3x 55" 4K TVs, Next Level Racing Flight Simulator Pro, Flight controls etc.  The one big question is the dedicated PC to drive all this.

At the risk of this being yet another "please help me build my PC" thread, I'm finding this aspect really difficult.  There is a sea of info out there!  I have read much of the info on the intel vs AMD CPU debate, and given this will be a dedicated PC to run MSFS, it looks like the Ryzen 7800X3D is the way to go.  Similarly, 4090 GPU seems to be the best choice given the demand from the triple screens. It's the rest of it that has me really uncertain.  My budget, while not completely open ended, is good enough to do this properly - enough that for the purposes of the debate I am happy to try and identify the optimal PC to drive this.  But I'm also concerned that I don't want to overcook it and buy components that can't be utilised by MSFS.  While I am happy to future proof to some extent - and noting MSFS 2024 is on the horizon - there's no point wasting money on bleeding edge gear that won't be utilised effectively.

So given those parameters - happy to provide any additional information required - what would you recommend to complete this PC build?

Many thanks in advance!

DDR5 memory, probably 32 to 64GB at the fastest speeds you can budget for.  A minimum of 1000Watt PSU, A good AIO cooler for your CPU, and look at either a WD Black or Samsung Pro M.2 drives for your OS and Other stuff.  Everyone has their favorite motherboard manufacturer, but if overclocking isn't your think you can look at like the MAG series from MSI, or the TUF series from ASUS.  No need to get an OC version of the 4090 unless you can get a good deal on it.

I run 3 4k projectors for my cockpit and going with these should set you up in a good position.  The AMD cpu right now is the way to go, and until we know if FS2024 will take utilize multi-threaded processes more you'll be find with AMD.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Thanks.  I'll work on a specific build then post it here to see if anyone has some final thoughts.

ok I just had some advice from a friend who is way more computer savvy, but isn’t a flight simmer. So currently I am looking at the following:

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8 Core 16 Thread Up To 5.0GHz AM5
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Windforce V2 24GB GDDR6X
Corsair RM1000e 1000W Gold ATX Modular PSU
Corsair iCUE H150i RGB ELITE Liquid CPU Cooler
Corsair 64GB Kit (2x32GB) DDR5 Vengeance C32 6400MT/s - Black
ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming WiFi AM5 ATX Desktop Motherboard
Samsung 980 Pro PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 SSD - 1TB for OS, 2TB for MSFS etc

Haven't got to the case yet. Think this fits the bill?  Would welcome further thoughts.

Triple 55"  ?  Totally unnecessary. You only need 1 monitor. By having three monitors that big you are effectively decreasing your FPS by around 15% . You could be smoothly flying at 30+fps rather than 18 fps. 

Why unnecessary?  Plenty of home cockpit rigs use three screens to simulate the field of view of a real cockpit. The PC as specced will be able to handle all three at well above "18fps".  I'm going for as much immersion as possible. 

• Upvote 1