Sign in to follow this  
Virtualwombat

FS9 Bloom issue - Whiteout.

Anyone else have this issue?When I turn on Bloom (DX9) Post acclerattion (SP2), I some times get complete whiteout The whole monitor goes white...when I turn into a light. This happens lot more when I am close to the ground than when I am high.This used to happen pre SP2 when the visibility is low. But now its happening even if the visibility is good. Anyone else have this problem?I have nVidia 8800GTX with the latest and greatest driver. BTW I was using a much older driver prior to this and that too had this issue.Thanks for any ideas/suggestions.Manny

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, it happens to me as well. I have now all but given up on bloom in FSX as it is too buggy and has too much of a performance hit, well for DX9 anyway.Gary

Thanks Gary.Hmmm... OK..good to know, its not just me! :(BTW, I don't see too many people talk about this issue though. So not sure if this is happening for others and if this is a driver issue.Any ATI users here with this problem?Manny

Hi Manny, I was getting this issue before SP1 when trying to run planes imported from FS9 like the RAS Spitfire and the Shockwave P51, but not with default aircraft. Since SP1 this has not been a problem for me. It would be a shame if this reappeared after SP2 (which I have not tried yet).Cheers,Noel.