Sign in to follow this  
Akila

Departure/arrival gate/stand - history?

Hi,

Is there any website that shows which gate a flight depart from and arrived to (historical data obviously)?

I couldn't find this on FlightAware nor in FR24, at least not that i found.
I did find that flightstats.com has partial information that sometimes shows the gate(s) but many times it is blank.

I want this information to plan (when flying offline) for my flight planning to try and simulate the departure and arrival gates as well.

Edited by Akila

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

On 1/21/2024 at 1:27 AM, Akila said:

Hi,

Is there any website that shows which gate a flight depart from and arrived to (historical data obviously)?

I couldn't find this on FlightAware nor in FR24, at least not that i found.
I did find that flightstats.com has partial information that sometimes shows the gate(s) but many times it is blank.

I want this information to plan (when flying offline) for my flight planning to try and simulate the departure and arrival gates as well.

Joel, what I am doing is looking at the airport's web site for arrivals and departures to determine what gates  are in used by specific airlines. If I am flying a real world airline I will do this. If not flying a real world airline or completing my own unique route, I am usually taking note of where domestic and international flights are arriving and departing and then pick an appropriate gate.

What I also note is the size of the aircraft at the gates on the airport websites which typically inform you what type of aircraft is being used.

So that's the best way I have come with, as like you, have not found a historical record via some online tool or tracking database of which flights use what specific gates.

Sometimes on FR24 you can zoom in to the terminal area and from an approximate position comparing that to published aerodrome stand charts, determine which aircraft is using which gate but of course this is mostly real time.

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

@787flyer yeah, that is what I kinda forced to do, to use Flight radar with Zoom in, but I found it's not so beneficial for my fights as I usually fly from smaller domestic airports in south east Asia which the airliners don't turn on their  ADS-B (assuming that is what tracks the aircraft in FR24) until they on the runway, and for sure those airports don't have websites to go check.. 🙂

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg