Sign in to follow this  
Paperino60

I Need Assistance With Installation of RealityXP GTN750

Hello.

I have purchased the RealityXP GTN750 for X-Plane 12 and spent a full day trying to make it work on my computer* to no avail.  Reluctantly, I decided to swallow my pride and reach out to this community.  The GTN750 is version 2.6.1.1 and X-Plane is version 12.0.8.

To be clear, I am not eve sure the automatic install routine was successful.  The 750 seems to work in X-Plane but it cannot detect the Garmin Trainers.  When I try to download the trainers using the links RealityXP provides the installer says that they are already installed.

I have read the manual that comes with the software and it is not helpful.  

For example, the manual states that:

A plug-in with both the GTN 750 and the GTN 650 simulation installs to:
XPlane\Resources\Plugin\rxpGTN\ .  I don't think this is true in my case.  See links below to the screenshots on my Google drive folder.  The only file in that folder is called "64."

The manual further states "During installation you will be prompted to download and install the Garmin GTN/GDU Trainer. The first time you install this package, or should you need to repair the Garmin Trainer installation, the installer will save a copy of the trainer installer in the following folder:
C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GtnTrainer\  (Indeed I have this folder.  But there are only two zip files in it.  One called checklists.zip and the other flightplans.zip.  I doubt that this is the entirety of the Garmin Trainer and database).

Plugins Menu.
The manual also states that "the GTN 750/650 plug-in loads with X-Plane and is operated using the X-Plane Plugins menu. Select the menu Plugins | Reality XP GTN to add or remove a GTN unit to your aircraft. Once a device is active, additional options appear in the menu."  (Frustratingly, while The 750 seems to be installed, the Settings menu shows all listed items being solidly locked.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the program now twice using the Flight1 install module.  I am here hoping to make this work as I have run out of ideas.

Thanks for your taking the time to read this.

Best.

Gianluca

* I am on a Dell Alienware x17 R2 and both X-Plane 12 and MSFS run without any issues.  I also have the TDS GTN750Xi in MSFS and that software runs without any issues.

The only other addon I have in X-Plane 12 is the Airfoillabs c172.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n3W9mKEOJySHuPadocw0-mUoqZRBeUgq/view?usp=drive_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uCMfQmge9z5xV8iKZBmuOK2HrhTj42kv/view?usp=drive_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cCToYyTSBqcupTc8hdzR1vtQWN38vA5z/view?usp=drive_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Qy2oDVNENK_chdEoFBITo_5gD_pLrJn/view?usp=drive_link

Unfortunately your images request a login to Google.

You'll need them to be publicly available if you want people to be able to see them.

The trainer itself should be able to run standalone, if so then that part of the install should be Ok.

As to getting past that stage, perhaps directly asking in the XP forum might be of use (linking to this thread) as not everyone would look in this forum.

Hope you get it up and running.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D