Sign in to follow this  
pan pan pan

Looking for a VA, AirSource ?

I'm looking for a VA that allows me to fly any aircraft, anywhere.

So if i want to fly a Qantas A320 from Perth to Christmas Island/Cocos Island even though Qantas don't fly that route, is there a VA which will give me the leeway to do that.

I've seen AirSource, would the above be an option within that VA.

Thanks.

Yes, AirSource will give you that leeway. By the way, I've been a member since 2012.

I just did a search for YPPH to YPXM, and it yielded a Virgin Australia A320 flight. Even though it's listed as a Virgin Australia flight, you can choose whatever airline you want.

Also, AirSource allows you to match aircraft types, so you can even fly routes with aircraft that are not the scheduled aircraft for that route. The only proviso is that the aircraft substitute has to be the same type. For instance, an A320, according to AirSource's aircraft database, has the type "DEJL" (for dual engine jet light). There are 96 other aircraft in this class, including the Boeing 737 series (including the Max 8), the MD-80 series (MD-80 to -90), and so on. 

So ... if you wanted to fly YPPH to YPXM using an A320, or an MD-83, or a 737-800, etc., under any livery, really, you could.

Hope that helps.

Edited by JRMurray

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Hi JR,

Thanks for your response, it's appreciated.

AirSource certainly seems open for choice instead of being rigid, which i like.

Thanks again.

Sunwings Express will do the same for you. Also, there is a somewhat realistic feature which i haven't seen in any other VA which is aircraft transfers. If you want to fly from any airport and there isn't an aircraft there, you will have to transfer the aircraft and can even use pilot points achieved when performing flights to insta-transfer them. Scheduled routes or tour routes will award more points. Longer flights also award more points and some procedures like "go arounds" will also award more points.

You can book flights from any airport to any airport with any aircraft you want, following the same "must be of the same type" rule. So booking a 747 will allow you to fly a 707, A340 or DC-8, but not a DC-6 for instance. Tours will award you some medals, there is a "career" path going on as well and quite a lot of statistics for you to look at if you like that sort of thing such as used aircraft stats, most landed airports, a map with all visited airports, awards for achievements, etc.

What might put you off is that the VA is now widely known and there aren't many pilots flying for it, so there's no tons of activity.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11