Sign in to follow this  
Matt Sdeel

C-310 Redux - can't taxi the plane on a straight line

On P3D v4.5, the aircraft feel like it's running on very slippery oil'ed runway and taxiway. Every little move with the rudder and the plane reacts excessively.  It's like there is no friction between the tires and the ground. It slides very easily.  I've played around with the calibration from 0 to 100% sensitivity in combination with 0 to 100% null settings but nothing seems to help. Does anyone have suggestions?

Edited by Matt Sdeel

I hope I get some suggestions.  I really like this plane because it has the KAP 140 and the EDM 700.

I guess some people would describe what I described above as 'squirrely' or a nervous behavior?  A little touch of the rudder and the plane is all over the place.

Yes the C310R Redux is a pretty great little twin.

Sounds like you've just recently installed it ?

Has the latest version been installed ?

I've such slipperyness with some migrated FSX planes, but not for this one.

Assuming the ground is not attributed as ice (for example).

For myself it taxi's just fine.

Was there a particular airport you were testing at ?

Let me know and I can give it a try.

Cheers

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Thank you.  The default KWVI scenery in California is the airport I've been using the plane with. Yes, I recently re-installed it with Reality XP and REX radar. No ice on the ground. I'm wondering if these items in the plane's aircraft.cfg file might help. eg. -1.0. Adjusting calibration for the rudder axis doesn't seem to be helping.

[flight_tuning]
elevator_effectiveness = 1.0
aileron_effectiveness  = 1.0
rudder_effectiveness   = 1.0
pitch_stability        = 1.0
roll_stability         = 1.0

I'm using Logitech's 3D joystick in P3D v4.5.

5 hours ago, Matt Sdeel said:

Thank you.  The default KWVI scenery in California is the airport I've been using the plane with. Yes, I recently re-installed it with Reality XP and REX radar. No ice on the ground. I'm wondering if these items in the plane's aircraft.cfg file might help. eg. -1.0. Adjusting calibration for the rudder axis doesn't seem to be helping.

[flight_tuning]
elevator_effectiveness = 1.0
aileron_effectiveness  = 1.0
rudder_effectiveness   = 1.0
pitch_stability        = 1.0
roll_stability         = 1.0

I'm using Logitech's 3D joystick in P3D v4.5.

Well... I didn't find it problematic @KWVI, I was able to follow the line upon landing with no more difficulty than other planes, but i do have REX airport addons to improve default buildings, runways and taxiways.

That said it does have nose wheel steering so you might find adjusting the steering angle to be of help.

Look for [contact_points] in the aircraft.cfg and set the nose wheel as per below snip as a start point.

I also review my joystick axis configuration from time to time as P3D can tend to revert to defaults ( I zero out the axis for max sensitivity ).

I have the x56 HOTAS which includes a rudder axis in the stick (twist).

//GEAR

//TBM 09/02/2024 reduced the nose wheel steering angle to 15. Original Steer Angle = 20
point.0 = 1,  6.008,  0.00, -3.175, 1000, 0, 0.716, 15, 0.35, 1.5, 0.45, 7, 7, 0, 129, 160 // nose wheel at sta 21.7

Was the installer used the one for the forum ? i.e. "Twin Comanche Installer v2.210803"

Cheers

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

@Rogen Great tip.  For some reason my Steer Angle was at 32. I'll play around with it, and also check which file was used to install.  Thank you.

Edited by Matt Sdeel