Sign in to follow this  
mrm0508

FBW Web CDU

Trying to use the FBW Web CDU with the Headwinds A300. The unit displays fine and the buttons function (changes the in cockpit CDU) but the screen portion is blank. Any troubleshooting suggestions?

WW5130.png

| i9-10900F - 2080Ti | 32 GB RAM | Win 11 Pro | HC Bravo | AAO | StreamDeck | Air Manager |

The additional Community module is present and active?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I believe so:

AAO.png

WW5130.png

| i9-10900F - 2080Ti | 32 GB RAM | Win 11 Pro | HC Bravo | AAO | StreamDeck | Air Manager |

I've tested the Headwind 0.60 alpha this morning with the CDU and it worked normally - ?

What device are you viewing this with - and are the other WebFMCs displayed OK on that?

LORBY-SI

The B747, B787, G3000 work.

CJ4, A320neo, A330 pax, A330 cargo buttons work, no display

Using web browser on my MSFS PC.

WW5130.png

10 minutes ago, mrm0508 said:

work, no display

Those are two different things. The FMC graphics and the buttons are the WebPage that you installed in the AAO documents folder. It is provided by the web server in AAO, and they always work, unless something is really wrong with the IP stack.

The FMC/CDU contents inside those graphics are being streamed from the simulator by the zzz- modules, which override the aircraft code and inject their own. In your case, I have to assume that there is something else in play, another addon of some kind, that prevents them from working. That would happen when you have another 3rd party FMC or something similar in your community folder. Or that the version(s) of the aircraft that you are using are different from the default, either where the files are supposed to be or the file contents themselves.

Are all those modules up-to-date and is AAO also current? 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

22 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Those are two different things. The FMC graphics and the buttons are the WebPage that you installed in the AAO documents folder. It is provided by the web server in AAO, and they always work, unless something is really wrong with the IP stack.

The FMC/CDU contents inside those graphics are being streamed from the simulator by the zzz- modules, which override the aircraft code and inject their own. In your case, I have to assume that there is something else in play, another addon of some kind, that prevents them from working. That would happen when you have another 3rd party FMC or something similar in your community folder. Or that the version(s) of the aircraft that you are using are different from the default, either where the files are supposed to be or the file contents themselves.

Are all those modules up-to-date and is AAO also current? 

I am having this same issue with the FSS Ejet.  tried the 787 by horizon and it works with the display

Re-downloaded the files

Headwinds version:

"title": "A339X (Stable)",
  "dependencies": [
    {
      "package_version": "0.1.129",
      "name": "asobo-vcockpits-instruments-airliners"
    },
    {
      "package_version": "0.1.125",
      "name": "fs-base-aircraft-common"
    }

FBW version:

"title": "A32NX (Stable)",
    {
    },
    {

I will keep working on it

WW5130.png

1 hour ago, mrm0508 said:

Re-downloaded the files

So the Web FMC files are current and AAO is too?

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, etm270344 said:

You wouldnt have any idea why the FSS ejet display wont work?

Working fine here. Make sure to always update everything, the EJets and the WebFMC. Every aircraft update seems to break them. I have the latest from Aerosoft, and the WebFMC works with that.

And that your version of AAO is current - 4.10 is the latest one.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, mrm0508 said:

Re-downloaded the files

Headwinds version:

"title": "A339X (Stable)",
    {
    },
    {
    }

FBW version:

"title": "A32NX (Stable)",
    {
    },
    {

I will keep working on it

Sorry, I've never even looked at those files. When I read your post, I opened the Headwind installer, and saw that there hasn't been an update for the 0.6 alpha version that the FMC was made for. So I started the sim and everything worked normally.

The actual FMC/CDU in the plane is built from Headwind's own assets. As far as I can tell they don't link back to the FBW, they made a duplicate of their own. It shouldn't matter if the FBW is even installed or not. I cannot rule out the possibility that the FBW Web/Online/?? module causes trouble here. I've never used that one either.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I will switch to the Headwinds Pre-release ver and see what happens.

AAO ver 4.10b51

Web FMC files were re-downloaded today.

WW5130.png