Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

EH-101 Slingload Mission YouTube video

Guest ronht

Hello all,I just posted a YouTube video of a Slingload mission that you can view here -

This was accomplished with full realism settings and as such is one of the most challanging missions that I have come across. The view set-up that I used is about the only way to maintain proper perspective so it's not as realistic as I'd liked. EnjoyRon

hah, must be using DX10 from the flashing taxiways? ;)Nice video, I also found that mission to be tough, especially with engine surges

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Stoopy

Nice. I've also had success setting up a second view window for "Hoist View" and sizing/positioning it as an MFD display in the VC as the shot below shows, as this was suggested by another member here and works well.Helo_Slingload_02.jpg

Guest ronht

>hah, must be using DX10 from the flashing taxiways? ;)>>Nice video, I also found that mission to be tough, especially>with engine surgesYeah, I'm using DX10 - dual GTX 8800's in SLI with with the nVidia 169.09 drivers with overall great results. I have not experienced the engine surges with the EH-101 that others have been talking about. My biggest issue is with full realism turned on, the slightest change in engine power requires a rather large rudder input to compensate which is unusual. I think I saw something in another thread regarding a bug in the govener modeling which is probably what I'm seeing. One thing that the helicopters model in X-Plane that I'd like to see in FSX is the ability to trim the rotor for pitch and yaw. Part of the problem with all of the heli's in FSX is that most joysticks require that you constantly hold the stick off-center when flying. As it is, I'm using an Uber Cougar with Simpad rudder pedals, if it wasn't for that, the heli's in FSX would be nearly impossible to get good results with. Ron

Guest Calb

That's the problem with the majority of the currently available joysticks - self centering springs. A huge handicap for helicopter flying, especially hovering. No such thing in the real world.I've been using a MS FFB1 + Simped pedals for 9 1/2 of the 10 years that the FS helicopter has existed. No springs and I disabled the feedback by unplugging the feedback actuator power. As a result, I have a stick which is not hindered by springs which more closely resembles the real world. If anything, it is a little too free. Unfortunately the pivot is worn out and has become so sloppy, hovering motionless is becoming quite difficult. It, and FS9, are pretty well history.I use a newer MS FFB2 with FSX (on the other computer), again, with the feedback system disabled. It uses a full gimbal pivot mechanism. It's great but I'll have to purchase a new set of Simpeds with USB connectivity unless there's a way to adapt my old (Game Port) set.Compared to the real world, the flight sticks available are barely adequate for helicopter flying, many are a downright handicap.Cal - CYXX

Very well done Ron, it was good to watch.

Dave Taylor gb.png