Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Multiple Installs for FSX?

I thought I might install my copy of FSX on my current system to get an idea how it performs, but I remember hearing at last year's AVSIM convention someone said that a copy of FSX might only allow 2 isntalls per copy. I have been waiting to buy a more powerful system to run it on and am using FS9 on my current system. Is this true or are multiple installs allowed? Thanks. Tom

>I thought I might install my copy of FSX on my current system>to get an idea how it performs, but I remember hearing at last>year's AVSIM convention someone said that a copy of FSX might>only allow 2 isntalls per copy. I have been waiting to buy a>more powerful system to run it on and am using FS9 on my>current system. Is this true or are multiple installs allowed?> Thanks. Tom Prior to updating to FSX-AccelerationSP2 I copied my entireFSX-SP1 installation along with the SP1 SDK to a different partition and changed the executable name to FSX_SP1.exe.I then installed Acceleration and activated it on my originalFSX installation. I am able to run either FSX-SP2 or FSX-SP1at will. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

>I thought I might install my copy of FSX on my current system>to get an idea how it performs, but I remember hearing at last>year's AVSIM convention someone said that a copy of FSX might>only allow 2 isntalls per copy. I have been waiting to buy a>more powerful system to run it on and am using FS9 on my>current system. Is this true or are multiple installs allowed?> Thanks. Tom It seems you get 2 online activations without the need to call in.After that you need to make a simple phone call thats all.After a few months the activation count resets.I guess the bottom line is you can install/reinstall it as much as your want, but you may have to call in for a activation code. Your only suppose to have it installed on one machine at a time.