Sign in to follow this  
mmcmah

6.1.2 required in UI but not on website

Nico,

I have the PSXT UI telling me that there is a new version, and it won't run without updating. Your website is still showing 6.1.1 as the latest release and there are no 6.1.2 release notes (yes, I have reloaded the browser page and closed and reopened the browser):

https://imgur.com/a/3YIezVQ

I have not run the new updater yet, as I would prefer to download the installer myself.

Edited by mmcmah

You must run the local .exe file as you can read in the UI....

Tthat is the very same file as you would get if you would download from my site. The web site is for a first install. (and not yet up to date, but that does not mind)

Don't you like this convenience? Lots of users have asked for it.

9 minutes ago, kiek said:

You must run the local .exe file as you can read in the UI....

Tthat is the very same file as you would get if you would download from my site. The web site is for a first install. (and not yet up to date, but that does not mind)

Don't you like this convenience? Lots of users have asked for it.

I'm not a big fan of executables automatically applying patches before I can read the changelog. I know that sometimes you try to get everyone on the same version, so the mandatory updates are required, but those are the ones that I definitely like to know what's being changed before applying an update.

Also, since this was the first time with that update process, I wanted to confirm that it was really the correct thing to do, rather than something potentially more nefarious.

For example, a small bug fix doesn't seem like it should be a mandatory update.

Edited by mmcmah

5 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

I'm not a big fan of executables automatically applying patches before I can read the changelog. I know that sometimes you try to get everyone on the same version, so the mandatory updates are required, but those are the ones that I definitely like to know what's being changed before applying an update.

Also, since this was the first time with that update process, I wanted to confirm that it was really the correct thing to do, rather than something potentially more nefarious.

That's why I did not make it fully automatic. You still have to do one double click.
I prefer everone running the same version. I don't like to get questions about problems that alreday have been solved.

The Release notes are on my site, you can always read that first. I've just left my bed and updated the version number on my web site.

Service heh? 😉

Now go to sleep again, it is  4'oclock in the morning.. 

Edited by kiek

6 minutes ago, kiek said:

That's why I did not make it fully automatic. You still have to do one double click.
I prefer everone running the same version. I don't like to get questions about problems that alreday have been solved.

The Release notes are on my site, you can always read that first. I've just left my bed and updated the version number on my web site.

Service heh? 😉

Now go to sleep again, it is  4'oclock in the morning.. 

SERVICE INDEED!! Go to sleep again. Thank you.