Sign in to follow this  
MooneyDrover

List of ROTOR_BRAKE codes for PMDG 737-800?

I know I've seen a list of all the ROTOR_BRAKE codes for the PMDG B737-800 (or all the 737's) on the web somewhere, but despite many tries, I 

have been unable to find the list again.  Can anyone help me out?  It would make my current days much brighter!

Posted (edited)

You can see them in MSFS developer mode by activating Tools->Behaviors, then clicking back into the sim window, hover the mouse over the control you are interested in and press Ctrl + G. This will bring up the behavior code and you will find the ROTOR_BRAKE stuff in the section "ASOBO_GT_MouseRect" right at the top
Example: WXR button
369 100 * (>L:SwitchID, number) => 36900 is the base code
LeftSingle adds 1, so the left mouse button down code is 36901
LeftRelease adds 4, so the left mouse button up code is 36904

Or you could take a look into the behavior definition file:
Community\pmdg-aircraft-738\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800\Behaviors\PMDG_NG3_VC_800.xml

Be mindful that if you want to do things right, you need two ROTOR_BRAKE codes. One for mouse button down, the other for mouse button up. PMDG have them both modeled, and I am not certain that always using only the mouse down code (without ever releasing it) will not lead to trouble over time (=CTDs)

Alternatively you could use the PMDG SDK custom events which are present in the AAO Event list, in the Group "PMDG_737MSFS"

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks very much... I now have lots of ways to move forward.  And thanks for the heads-up about including

mouse releases... I hadn't been doing that... maybe would have caught up with me.

Appreciate your great responsiveness1  I'm loving building this cockpit, and Axis and Ohs is now my primary software tool!  Great program!