Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

Simworks PC-12 and TDS GTNXi Pro

I am trying to get to grips with the Simworks PC-12 and the recently released TDS GTNXi Pro. My issue is with regard to the flight plan and trying to get the PC-12 to follow that flight plan. So, I enter a flight plan, in this case, from EGKA to EGLC. The navigation source is showing VOR, so I click the CDI button on the GTNXi Pro, and it momentarily changes to GPS (which is what I assume I need for the plane to follow the flight plan) - then it reverts back to VOR. What I need to know, is how do I select GPS as the navigation source on the GTNXi, so that the plane follows the flight plan.

Or have I got the wrong procedure in my head?

George Westwell

In the SWS PC-12 you need to switch the NAV source not on the TDS itself, but on the little navigation panel on the lower-center part of the panel. See the manual for further details on that. 

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

2 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

In the SWS PC-12 you need to switch the NAV source not on the TDS itself, but on the little navigation panel on the lower-center part of the panel. See the manual for further details on that. 

Switching the NAV source on the lower-centre panel did not work for me with the TDS GTNXi Pro. That said, I will give it another go later. Thanks.

George Westwell

Are you entering the flight plan in the 750?  That's the one that feeds the Autopilot.  I don't like how they have it setup on this plane.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

21 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Are you entering the flight plan in the 750?  That's the one that feeds the Autopilot.  I don't like how they have it setup on this plane.

Hi ryanbatc - yes I entered the flight plan into the 750

George Westwell

Right click on the TDS app in your Windows system tray and make sure the 750 unit 1 is connected to the AP.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Right click on the TDS app in your Windows system tray and make sure the 750 unit 1 is connected to the AP.

Thanks again ryanbatc - now seem to have it working OK

George Westwell