Sign in to follow this  
DunRingill

Eliminating power lines (and ugly sandy stripes in terrain)

Does anyone know how to turn off/exclude powerlines from the default scenery. I really want to rid my terrain of these hideous sandy stripes that are tearing through my coniferous northland. They were tolerable in the summer season and look peachy in the desert at any time of year, but look like tushy during the autumn in the north country. It looks like someone gave the landscape a really bad wax job.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Haven't tried this at all, but you could open up terrain.cfg in the flight simulator x folder, and look for the following entries:Name=Utility_1andName=Utility_2For both of these you could try to make it narrower by changingStripWidthMeters=40to something less, or try changingLandClassRemapType=utilitytoLandClassRemapType=noneand then saving the file.scott s..

The first method worked! I chose the first method because I still want to keep the autogen for the utility lines...just wanted to get rid of the underlying hideous striping.Note, setting the width to 0 does nothing (and apparently reverts back to the default of 40). But setting it to 0.1 expunged it completely.Thank you for the helpful tip!

Thank you so much for this! Even though powerlines are clearly visible in satellite photos I've always thought they looked strange in FS (any version). Now they are gone! :-)/Magnus