Sign in to follow this  

On 3/13/2024 at 12:33 AM, edpatino said:

frozen windows, had to press Alt + F4 to unfrozen

The program is not frozen if you can close it with Alt+F4.

You maybe ran into a issue with the web server which took too long to find all computer addresses. This was fixed in 3.0.4.

Alex

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, albar965 said:

The program is not frozen if you can close it with Alt+F4.

You maybe ran into a issue with the web server which took too long to find all computer addresses. This was fixed in 3.0.4.

Alex

What I meant is that the LNM window was not active when opened, and had to press Alt + F4 to make it active. What I noticed when I tried to start LNM is that it took long to load the main view (map view) and it tried to open a small window in the background that I suppose was the window that remained active, but it disappeared after the main screen was loaded up, and that is when I needed to press Alt+F4 to make the main LNM screen active. Is that a normal behavior? and what should I do to avoid this?.

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I needed to press Alt+F4 to make the main LNM screen active. Is that a normal behavior? and what should I do to avoid this?.

Definitely not normal. Alt+F4 normally closes all windows. You could try "Window" -> "Reset Window layout to default". Maybe a stray dock window acting up or a warning/error window hidden behind the main. The latter case should normally not happen.

Error or warning windows normally remain open and do not disappear automatically. Maybe that's what you closed using Alt+F4. This makes sense.

You can always download one of the 3.0.5 Zip files and use the portable mode to try it out without messing up your main configuration.

To speed up starting disable all unneeded online stuff. Especially online services which can delay startup or block the program shortly after starting.

1. Disable web server in menu Tools
  2. Uncheck all unneeded weather in options on page "Weather" and in main menu "Weather".
  3. Deselect "Download oceanic tracks on startup" in menu flight plan
  4. Exclude the LNM options folder "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel" from anti-virus scanning. Maybe the LNM installation folder too. Instead scan the folder manually after installation.

Edit: You can send me an issue report if you run into the same problem.

Alex

Edited by albar965

6 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Definitely not normal. Alt+F4 normally closes all windows. You could try "Window" -> "Reset Window layout to default". Maybe a stray dock window acting up or a warning/error window hidden behind the main. The latter case should normally not happen.

Error or warning windows normally remain open and do not disappear automatically. Maybe that's what you closed using Alt+F4. This makes sense.

You can always download one of the 3.0.5 Zip files and use the portable mode to try it out without messing up your main configuration.

To speed up starting disable all unneeded online stuff. Especially online services which can delay startup or block the program shortly after starting.

1. Disable web server in menu Tools
  2. Uncheck all unneeded weather in options on page "Weather" and in main menu "Weather".
  3. Deselect "Download oceanic tracks on startup" in menu flight plan
  4. Exclude the LNM options folder "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel" from anti-virus scanning. Maybe the LNM installation folder too. Instead scan the folder manually after installation.

Edit: You can send me an issue report if you run into the same problem.

Alex

Ok, thanks, I'll try

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Alex,

After the release version 3.05 32 bit, I use Prepar, the key combination Ctrl+D no longer works.

That's the only one, as far as I know, that doesn't work. The Ctrl+Up does work.

Ton

38 minutes ago, Ton van der Kolk said:

After the release version 3.05 32 bit, I use Prepar, the key combination Ctrl+D no longer works.

Ctrl+D is "Direct to" in LNM 3.0. In 2.8 it was not assigned or did I miss anything?

Alex

A bit more on my initial issue

I think the window showing errors during the LNM start-up comes from the rejection of several maps that no longer have a supported service (US-Helicopter, US-ifr's, a total of six). After deleting those map services, the main LNM window is active as usual. There should be a way to avoid this

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

I think the window showing errors during the LNM start-up comes from the rejection of several maps that no longer have a supported service (US-Helicopter, US-ifr's, a total of six). After deleting those map services, the main LNM window is active as usual. There should be a way to avoid this

Thanks, Ed. This helps a lot. I will check the code which complains about obsolete or wrong map themes. This should pop up a dialog window but it certainly should not block the main window with a hidden dialog.

Alex

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

Ctrl+D is "Direct to" in LNM 3.0. In 2.8 it was not assigned or did I miss anything?

Alex

If I want in the flightplan a leg down you can use the key Ctrl+D but he don't work.

44 minutes ago, Ton van der Kolk said:

f I want in the flightplan a leg down

Sorry, but I don't understand. Move a flight plan leg down (Ctrl+Down)? This still works but not for procedure legs.

Maybe post a screenshot with the function.

Alex

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Sorry, but I don't understand. Move a flight plan leg down (Ctrl+Down)? This still works but not for procedure legs.

Maybe post a screenshot with the function.

Alex

Sorry for the confusion. 
But if you make a flightplan in lnm and you stand on a waypoint, you can move it up or down using Ctrl+D or Ctrl+Up. 
And the Ctrl+D doesn't work.
Edited by Ton van der Kolk

3 minutes ago, Ton van der Kolk said:

Sorry for the confusion. But if you make a f and you stand on a waypoint, you can move it up or down using Ctrl+D or Ctrl+Up. And the Ctrl+D doesn't work.

Ctrl+Down it is. Ctrl+D is a different thing. 😉

See example below for limitations. You cannot move a point up into a procedure. Same for moving down into a procedure. Procedures are fixed things which cannot be reordered or have waypoints deleted. I suppose this is the problem.

image.png

If not, I need more information. A screenshot and/or a flight plan.

Alex

38 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Ctrl+Down it is. Ctrl+D is a different thing. 😉

See example below for limitations. You cannot move a point up into a procedure. Same for moving down into a procedure. Procedures are fixed things which cannot be reordered or have waypoints deleted. I suppose this is the problem.

image.png

If not, I need more information. A screenshot and/or a flight plan.

Alex

That is the picture I mean, And where standing Move Selected legs Down there is By me Ctrl+D and on the picture is it Ctrl+Down.

Just for the record. If I want to go up, I use the Ctrl+ the arrow Up and not the Ctrl+PageUp. Because when I use Ctrl+pageUp or PageDown my screen jumps.

And if I want Down than I use the Ctrl+D, But now I try than the Ctrl+ arrow down and that don't work. Ctrl+D appears twice in my popup menu. For the legs down and for direct to.

1 minute ago, Ton van der Kolk said:

That is the picture I mean, And where standing Move Selected legs Down there is By me Ctrl+D and on the picture is it Ctrl+Down.

I see. I suppose you use the Dutch translation, right?
This Ctrl+D is a translation error. I just looked through it and somebody translated the English "Ctrl+Down" into a "Ctrl+D". Meh.

You can download a fix from here: https://k00.fr/dq7t2tda

Replace the same file in the LNM installation folder and it should work again. Let me know if this fixes it.

Alex

Alex, The text in the pop menu has been adjusted, but when I now use the Ctrl+ arrow down, nothing happens. 
You said it's a translation error, but for the new release the Ctrl+D just worked.