Sign in to follow this  
ABE

PARKING CODES

I used to have a file or two listing the codes for various airlines for parking at the gate. I must have misplaced it. Could somebody be kind enough to list those codes in the reply or as a TXT file attachment.Also if I were to make up a new name code such as 'COD' and use it in the aircraft.cfg and the AFCAD, would that work?Thanks.Abe

>I used to have a file or two listing the codes for various>airlines for parking at the gate. I must have misplaced it.>Could somebody be kind enough to list those codes in the reply>or as a TXT file attachment.>>Also if I were to make up a new name code such as 'COD' and>use it in the aircraft.cfg and the AFCAD, would that work?>Yes that would work, provided the parking spot was big enough radius to handle the aircraft. As long as the code in the aircraft.cfg matches the parking code in the xml/AFCAD it will work 100%.I'm afraid I don't have a list of codes. I just google the airline name (such as Etihad wiki) and it will come up, with the airline code. Pretty handy.FS doesn't care what the codes are, you could use XYZ as a code if you wanted. All it looks at is if they match. if they match (between the aircraft.cfg and parking spot), the aircraft will park at that spot.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The last list of Airline codes for the parking spots is in the AFCAD zip folder found here on AVSIM. It is called the ParkingSpecs.txt file and the last update is per the following header. ;; 15-Oct-2004; Courtesy of the ProjectAI group ; Parking Specs File for AFCAD 2; Please notify any errors to Graham Jackson ;;

Thanks Rhett and Jim. I knew I could count on you.I appreciate it.Abe

AbeDavid Strate of the AFCADWarehouse.net web site just sent me a updated version that Graham did in 2005. 22-Apr-2005; Courtesy of the ProjectAI group ; For source reference please see http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/; Please notify any errors to Graham Jackson ;

Thanks again Jim.I tried the website. When I tried clicking on the subtitles, some produced a search and some produced a listing. Airline codes....was a search. Could be my navigation, but I could not find a location of a file or the opportunity to search for it. I did submit a feedback to that effect.Abe

Here's the wikipedia list, for what it's worth:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airline_codes-AllRhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Abeit is not on the actual site.David sent it to me for the up and coming release of ADE Home Version Utility.If you want it send me a e-mail from the address listed in any of my uploads here on AVSIM

Thanks again guys. You've been a great help.Jim, I sent you a personal email requesting the file as per your suggestion.Rhett, thanks for confirming earlier on, that I could use any kind of code as long as the aircraft.cfg and the Afcad2 match. Essentially, I'll be building yet another personal traffic.bgl composed of military aircrafts, such as XB70, SR71, F14,15,18,22 etc.By the way, Rhett, I managed to remodify the LAX Afcad2 that you helped me with and successfully recompiled it. Now all of Bldg.#3 is dedicated to TWA (just like in the 70's and 80's when I used to fly for TWA as Service Mgr. I made an exclusive TWAtraffic.bgl with very good results thanks to your guidance. All the various models from constellations and the like, and 747's, 727's, 707's and 767's populate very nicely.One more time, gentlemen, thanks.Abe