Sign in to follow this  
roadrabbit149

New ActiveSky P3Dv5 Problem

Posted (edited)

I have a different problem to the server down issue.

When I try and start ActiveSky I get message "Existing Session:  There is already an existing session. Do you want to disconnect the other device?".

Before doing anything I check Task Manager via Ctl-Alt-Del, and under 'Processes -> APPS I can see <ActiveSky P3D (3)> displayed.

I then click on the 'EXisting Session' message above on <YES> to disconnect.          This closes the ActiveSky <Start> message and also the entry in <Task Manager>

If I now try and restart ActveSky I get the same "Existing Session" message all over again. I am just going round in circles. I have tried re-installing ActiveSky and ActiveSky Connector several times, but with no success.

Any help much appreciated.

Edited by roadrabbit149

Intel i9900K @ 3.60 GHz, nVidia RTX 2080i (11 GB RAM onboard),
32 GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 1TB SSD, 500 GB SSD, ASUSTek Z390-Plus Mobo
(LGA1151); Running P3Dv5.4, MSFS2020 and XPlane11;

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I've had this problem several times.  My only fix was to contact Active Sky for a reset.  I could then go ahead trouble free.  I did get to know Dave quite well!

Cheers, Jim

Edited by jimh

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

@roadrabbit149, you need to check the Details tab. ActiveSkyUtils.exe is probably running. Maybe it was held over from an earlier session. Make sure that's not running when you launch ASP3D.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posted (edited)

Hi Ray,

After a complete uninstall/re-install I got ASP3D running and displaying the Command screen. I noted your advice regarding ActiveSkyUtils.exe and, via TaskManager>Details, had closed it down before launch.

The problem now is that P3Dv5 is not fully recognising ActiveSky! The status window at top left of the ASP3D Command window shows "Prepar3D v5 Connected!" in green, but also shows "Idle", and ActiveSky is not offered as a choice in the PMDG set-up screen.

Edited by roadrabbit149

@roadrabbit149, the green “connected” indicator is good. I wouldn’t worry about the idle state. The weather may have already been downloaded. It only takes a few seconds.

Move your aircraft to another airport and watch the ASP3D status. You should see “downloading” appear.Check moving to different airports updates the weather. As an additional check try historical weather. You should see “downloading” appear.

During a flight update winds on the CDU and see if it works. Remember to minimise ASP3D to the taskbar, not the system tray.

Finally, when closing down ASP3D check ActiveSkyUtils.exe has stopped running.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

When you say "Move my aircraft to another airport" I have done this using the Prepar3D 'splash screen'. Nothing happens on the ASP3D window status area.

Switching to "'Historical weather" I do get the 'Downloading' message, and also when I switch back to "Live Weather".

I still do not get an "ActiveSky" option on the <Weather> drop-down menu on the <Vehicle - Location - Weather - Time and Season> options screen.

Appreciate your assistance  🙂

15 minutes ago, roadrabbit149 said:

When you say "Move my aircraft to another airport" I have done this using the Prepar3D 'splash screen'. Nothing happens on the ASP3D window status area.

It shouldn't. The weather for the whole world for that time has been downloaded. What should happen is when you move airports the weather changes.

16 minutes ago, roadrabbit149 said:

Switching to "'Historical weather" I do get the 'Downloading' message, and also when I switch back to "Live Weather".

Same here. It takes less than 2 seconds for me so you have to watch it carefully.

16 minutes ago, roadrabbit149 said:

I still do not get an "ActiveSky" option on the <Weather> drop-down menu on the <Vehicle - Location - Weather - Time and Season> options screen.

I don't understand that sequence. Try World - Weather. At the top is a Weather Conditions drop-down. I have ActiveSky Weather theme. So ASP3D is injecting weather into P3D. Don't worry that no cloud settings appear. They are there in the sim. What do you have?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posted (edited)

Sorry Ray, I wasn't clear - that was not a sequence I was referring to, it was the second 'splash screen' within P3Dv5 where you select your aircraft, start position, weather input and time/season. When it was working, I got the option from this window's weather drop-down menu of selecting the weather source. The option "ActiveSky Weather Theme" which used to appear here, when selected, gave me whatever I had set up within ActiveSky. It is this option that no longer appears in the drop-down menu. The only options are some generic P3D weathers plus 8 Orbx generic weathers.

From this I deduce that ActiveSky is actually NOT fully connecting to Prepar3Dv5 despite the status message saying that it is connected.

Edited by roadrabbit149

6 minutes ago, roadrabbit149 said:

I got the option from this window's weather drop-down menu of selecting the weather source. The option "ActiveSky Weather Theme" which used to appear here, when selected, gave me whatever I had set up within ActiveSky. It is this option that no longer appears in the drop-down menu. The only options are some generic P3D weathers plus 8 Orbx generic weathers.

I'm about to takeoff for a Concorde flight so I can't check now. But I think I had the same thing. Don't worry about it. Just compare pressure in your aircraft to that for your location. If it's the same then you're fine. If it isn't then we can investigate further.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have managed to get ActiveSky working on my PMDG B747-400  😁

Up until now I had been trying (as I had always been able to do) to select the weather theme I wanted (ActiveSky Live weather) into my selected aircraft as per the second splash screen described above. I had not proceeded past this screen trying to find out what was going wrong.

However, this time I allowed the aircraft to load fully at EGLL on stand. Then I selected the <World> tab and the Weather link from the drop-down. Guess what? The ActiveSky Weather Theme option then appeared on the resulting Weather screen. It seems it has been moved. The good news is that it is now working as intended.

Thanks for all the help and enjoy your flight to KJFK.

John

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, roadrabbit149 said:

Thanks for all the help and enjoy your flight to KJFK.

Glad it’s sorted. 👍 I’m flying Brunei to Hong Kong. Shorter and the very cold upper air suits Concorde perfectly. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather