Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

How to workout fuel for MSFS XBox

Posted (edited)

Hi

I am neww to MSFS and I have maaged to get quite a bit running (on the A320). I do have a problem with calculating the amount once the fight plan is loaded.

if i get MSFS to create a flight for me, how much fuel can I determine I will need? I would have thought the WEIGHT AND BALANCE window would help, but it just doesn''t take the plan into account.

Thanks

Gary

Edited by Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

The weight and balance box is for setting fuel and payload.... it's not for working out or advising how much fuel you need.  

To do that, you're best of using Simbrief (which is free).

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)

Thanks for that. Isn't Simbrief only available of the PC?

The problem for me is that I gave it the route using it's own route finder, but it doesn't want to figure out the fuel amount - those are two different things.

In addition to getting the weight and balance window up, how do you tell it to add fuel, there's no OK button.

I used to use p3d on the PC. But I don't want to use the PC now.

Please help!

Edited by Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Sorry I can only help you on PC, where Simbrief is concerned.

Can save you some trouble by confirming that there is nothing in MSFS that will calculate fuel requirements for you.   (Just as there was nothing in P3D).

To add fuel, simply open the fuel dialogue box that you're referring to, and drag the fuel total slider (at the top). There is no 'ok' button; because it adds/removes the fuel in real time.   So you just drag the fuel slider and close the dialogue box.

Bill

Thanks. I think fuelPlanner.com might fix it for me.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Gaz

• Like 1

Gaz on Facebook

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Thanks. I think fuelPlanner.com might fix it for me.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Gaz

I clicked on your "Gaz on Facebook" link (stalking! 😄) and noticed where you're from.   I used to live in Easington Village. 😎   Small world!   Living in Sedgefield now and sometimes fly from Fishburn airfield.

Bill

On 3/23/2024 at 9:16 PM, JYW said:

I clicked on your "Gaz on Facebook" link (stalking! 😄) and noticed where you're from.   I used to live in Easington Village. 😎   Small world!   Living in Sedgefield now and sometimes fly from Fishburn airfield.

Yeah, I'm from Easington. I really like it there! I've moved to Birmingham and now in London. Heathrow is my favourite place!

Request from @JYW and @virtuali . I have a big problem with this account on Avsim. In order to get into my account I have to ask for a reset. I can never use an account password twice, it always says I have the wrong password, so every login requires a new password! 🤕

Any help would be good.

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook