Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

EFB Unable to Launch

Brand new to the C414. Step 1 to launch the EFB but no luck to launch the EFB to the side window mount.   After reading several two year old posts with similar problems, nothing has worked. It worked yesterday but not today with no changes having been made.  I have clicked all over the left pilot triangle window; have clicked the upped left portion of the EFB as described in the manual; have tried the upper small circle on the EFB; have tried different aircraft liveries and reloaded aircraft and re-booted PC. The next step is to delete the entire aircraft and re-install.  This is not as good start spending more than one hour to launch the EFB.  

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

Brand new to the C414. Step 1 to launch the EFB but no luck to launch the EFB to the side window mount.   After reading several two year old posts with similar problems, nothing has worked. It worked yesterday but not today with no changes having been made.  I have clicked all over the left pilot triangle window; have clicked the upped left portion of the EFB as described in the manual; have tried the upper small circle on the EFB; have tried different aircraft liveries and reloaded aircraft and re-booted PC. The next step is to delete the entire aircraft and re-install.  This is not as good start spending more than one hour to launch the EFB.  

Well, something is clearly not right. If it worked yesterday but not today, something has changed. This problem is not being reported on the FSW Discord which is very active, and I can't replicate the problem, just tried it. You want to click in the center of the EFB's top white bezel to move it up to the window mount. If that doesn't work:

1. Check that the mouse is working as expected by using it to hide and unhide the yoke (click on the end of the yellow pen which is to the left of the pilot).

2. If you are using one of the GTN750 versions of the plane, make sure you have the latest version of your GTN750.

3. Make sure you are using a stock FSW livery. Addon liveries that have not been updated to work with the latest version of the plane have caused all kinds of problems.

4. Check that you don't have some kind of strange controller binding issue, which has happened. Assuming your controllers are USB, simply unplug them, restart the sim and see if there is any change when using the mouse.

5. Another possibility is a conflict with something in your Community folder. One quick way to check for that is to rename the Community folder to back it up, create a new Community folder and only put the C414 in the new folder, restart the sim and load the GNS530 version of the C414 with a stock FSW livery and see if the EFB works.

Al

Edited by ark

Thank you for the valuable suggestions. I will give them a go and report back. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ark said:

Well, something is clearly not right. If it worked yesterday but not today, something has changed. This problem is not being reported on the FSW Discord which is very active, and I can't replicate the problem, just tried it. You want to click in the center of the EFB's top white bezel to move it up to the window mount. If that doesn't work:

1. Check that the mouse is working as expected by using it to hide and unhide the yoke (click on the end of the yellow pen which is to the left of the pilot).

2. If you are using one of the GTN750 versions of the plane, make sure you have the latest version of your GTN750.

3. Make sure you are using a stock FSW livery. Addon liveries that have not been updated to work with the latest version of the plane have caused all kinds of problems.

4. Check that you don't have some kind of strange controller binding issue, which has happened. Assuming your controllers are USB, simply unplug them, restart the sim and see if there is any change when using the mouse.

5. Another possibility is a conflict with something in your Community folder. One quick way to check for that is to rename the Community folder to back it up, create a new Community folder and only put the C414 in the new folder, restart the sim and load the GNS530 version of the C414 with a stock FSW livery and see if the EFB works.

Al

1.) The mouse (Razer) works with everything else including the ability to hide the yoke. I don't understand "...yellow pen which is to the left of the pilot". I don't see anything like that. 

2.) N/A - not installed.

3.) Only FSW stock liveries used. 

4.) Xbox controller, TPR rudder, Fulcrum yoke, Bravo-TQ, Logitech, Realsimgear, all disconnected. 

5.) Community folder emptied of Navigraph, A2A Comanche, BB C310, scenery, FSUIPC, etc. sole content - FSW C414. No change. 

The EFB did work for a total of about 5 minutes of 4 hours from last night to midday today attempting to correct issue. For the brief period today after opening the EFB, I then was unable to stow the EFB. 

Question - Is there a keyboard entry to launch / stow EFB?  A2A Comanche has that option. 

I now plan to completely reinstall the aircraft. 

20 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

"...yellow pen which is to the left of the pilot". I don't see anything like that. 

My mistake, sorry, wrong plane!  🙁

No, there is no default keyboard entry to launch/stow the EFB.

If you have a registered (payware) version of FSUIPC7 I can send you a C414 controls lua script that will allow you to assign keys or buttons for 26 different C414 controls including the EFB. If interested PM me your email address.

Al

11 minutes ago, ark said:

My mistake, sorry, wrong plane!  🙁

No, there is no default keyboard entry to launch/stow the EFB.

If you have a registered (payware) version of FSUIPC7 I can send you a C414 controls lua script that will allow you to assign keys or buttons for 26 different C414 controls including the EFB. If interested PM me your email address.

Al

Wilco, thanks,