Sign in to follow this  
rbs1000

V6 and add-on AI traffic

Posted (edited)

Tried both Alpha India and UTLive and the same problems occur with both - only a small amount of traffic appears, non parked on the ground, and the AI that does appears immediately goes into a steep descent from high altitude and crashes into the terrain.

Tried with just a vanilla install, no add-ons except the AI traffic.  Used the Delete Generated Files batch file a AND reinstalled both windows and P3D, the same problems occurr.

Any suggestions or insight ?  (Apart from v6 being a complete waste of time!)

Edited by rbs1000

Like every other version of P3d, with BGL based ai traffic you need to let it run for about 20-30 mins for the AI to settle down. Stick with AIG if you already have it installed, it has by far the most models and liveries (8-10x). Also keep in mind that the number of parked aircraft on the ground comes down to how much proper parking is available at every airport in the sim.  

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

As an experiment I just installed V5.4 and copy/pasted all the files across and it works perfectly so for me the BGL thing doesnt hold water. 

V6 is the absolute pinnacle of the ESP/FSX/SE code (terrain and lighting are fantastic) but its changed just enough to be incompatible with some add ons IMO.  AIG have been saying that it will be updated to V6 but that was some time ago.

I have AIG running in V6 using both BGL and their flight plans via the traffic controller with no issues.

I would not say V6 is a waste of time, I have only had a few addons that I can not use at the moment.

Have you asked over at AIG's forums for help?

On 3/27/2024 at 2:28 AM, anzac1977 said:

I have AIG running in V6 using both BGL and their flight plans via the traffic controller with no issues.

I would not say V6 is a waste of time, I have only had a few addons that I can not use at the moment.

Have you asked over at AIG's forums for help?

Did you do anthing different during the install?  Everything is default, except for the sim - which I place on the root of a secondary drive.

Due to reasons I can not remember, I changed from BGL to AIG's flight plans system and did a complete reinstall of AIG.

I just pointed AIG to v6 (when it was updated) and let it do it's thing.

Sorry I am not much help. I does work in V6, I have no idea why it is not working for you.

On 3/26/2024 at 3:46 PM, rbs1000 said:

Any suggestions or insight ?  (Apart from v6 being a complete waste of time!)

Maybe you should try PSXT for P3D.